Chapter 21 - Let's get physical! 🏋️💪

- Next Day -

Laying on the couch in the living room area, crocheting a large plushie as Mandrew lays across my legs asleep. I listen to a nature documentary on the tv as I relax... Only for my peace to be interrupted by a whoosh.

"Puddin?" Gabriel calls out as he looks around, having not found me in my room.

"Right here!" I raise my hand over the couch to get his attention, he smiles and walks over to me.

"I just came back from Ireland.." Gabriel smirks as my eyes widen. Sitting up quickly to look over the couch. "Sindri- er Mike says hello and he hopes you like them." Gabriel pulls out an elaborately made pair of leather sheaths from behind his back. The both of them embroidered with Nordic runes that almost seem to glow..? Gabriel hands them to me with a grin.

I grab the blades carefully and squeal with delight. The handles look exactly like snarling weasel heads! Sam having heard my squeal, jogs into the room from the war room. Thinking the worst.

"What's going on?" He looks at me with confusion, his eyes falling to my hands.

"Sam!! Look!!" I unsheathe the blades and gasp at the light blue metal. Ooo, he must have quenched them in something special. Oil doesn't give this type of sheen.. or he tempered them at a specific temperature maybe? Man, it's been so long since I've watched smithing videos.

"Whoa, those look sick. Who made em?" Sam asks as he walks closer to me to take a closer look.

"Sindri, the dwarven smith who made Mjolnir. He even carved Japanese and Nordic runes into the handles and sheath. The blades will never dull or rust and will absorb the blood it sheds to strengthen itself." Gabriel grins at that, having paid extra for those features. Putting a considerable dent in one of his many bank accounts.

"Holy shit.. that's so fucking cool." I stare at the blade. Goddamn do I love magic.

"Can I see?" Sam asks as he looks at them, I nod with a smile and hand one to him. He's the knife pro!

He holds the sheathed blade in his hand and pulls it out. Slashing in the air with it the blade moves incredibly fast. "Holy shit!" The wind itself slices through the air, making a deep slash in the concrete wall on the other side of the room. "Whoa!!" I sheath my blade as I stare at the damage.

"Okay.. These are dope." Sam looks down at the blade before he puts it back into it's sheath. "You're gonna need some training Emily. Do you know who you want to teach you?"

"Well.. I was hoping Cas could teach me-"

"Pfft. Why not Mikey? You're already gonna be seeing him later today. He's a master of all weapon types, more so than Cas." Gabriel says as he leans against a pillar.

"True! I'll ask him when he gets here!" I also can't forget that I need to make my DND character. "I wonder where he is.. it's almost 2'oclock."

"Big bro is practically running heaven all by himself up there. It's a tough gig." Gabriel says with a sad smile. "Dad doesn't give a shit about us." I nod with a frown.

"Fuckin Chuck.. such a dick." I shake my head in anger, remembering the ending to the supernatural show.

- Two Hour's Later -