Chapter 8 - Okay Kuzco

(Edited: January 7, 2024)

- Next Day -

Laying across the expanse of the couch, my laptop sitting beside my head on the coffee table. My hands moving deftly as I begin to crochet a small bumble bee.

Silently thanking Kai for bringing some of the movies I love into this world.. Cause now I can listen to there soundtracks while I work! Its amazing! I have an entire playlist of my favorite music tracks. A lot of its from the Lion king and Tarzan.. but there are some hidden gems inside.. Back when I was a little kid, my mom bought a cheap DVD for me to watch.. The Labyrinth staring David Bowie.

The song 'Underground' fades out.. and turns into my favorite of the entire movie! I used to sing this to my baby cousin when he was a year old! He would giggle so much when I bounced him up and down while I sang! "Ooo! Love this song! You remind me of the babe. (what babe?) The babe with the power! (what power?) The power of voodoo! (who do?) You do! (do what?) Remind me of the babe." Grooving in my seat I take a big gulp of air. Using the knowledge I gained from years of attending Chorus class. "I saw my baby! Crying hard as babe could cry... What could I do? My baby's love had gone... AND LEFT MY BABY BLUUUE. NO-BODY KNEW! What kind of magic, spell, to use! (slimes and snails, and puppy dog tails! thunder or lighting?) And baby said-"

"Hey Sugar." Screaming at the top of my lungs I throw my project up in fright. Thankfully not stabbing me when it lands back on my chest. Looking over to the source of the voice I spot Gabe looking at me with an amused grin from across the room. Legs draped over the side of a wooden chair, sitting at the war table. Munching on his candy like usual.

"Gabriel you asshole!" Glaring at the angel I reach over to turn off my music. Quickly pressing pause, feeling incredibly embarrassed. Yet again I've been caught singing! Jesus fucking Christ.. I thought I was alone!

"Oh, don't stop singing on my account." Gabriel raises his hands in surrender. That stupid smile still on his face.. asshole.

"Nope. You ruined it. You've ruined my groove." Crossing my arms across my chest with a pout. Hoping he got my movie quote..

"Pfft. Okay Kuzco." Gabriel chuckles softly, chewing some candy he tossed into his mouth.

"What are you even doing here anyways? Don't you have trickster or angel business to attend to?" Sitting up on the couch, resting my back against the arm. Placing my project down onto my lap, I look at him with a raised brow.

"Cassie's a bit busy at the moment, so he asked me to come check in. Needed to know you were fine by yourself." Staring at the angel with my resting bitch face.. Seconds away from cursing him out.

"..... Gabriel... I'm not a fucking child. I am a grown ass adult." These goddamn angels.. I swear to fucking God.. literally.

"Yeah we know that Sugar. But there's no telling what could happen. There's always a possibility a monster could bust in here.. Better to be safe than sorry." Gabriel's playful mask comes off as he sits up, resting his feet on the floor. A firm expression etched onto his face.. That falls back into his playful mask. Squinting at him with suspicion. Why does he keep doing that? He doesn't need to fake being the trickster around me.. unless he's been doing it so long it's become his personality..?