Chapter 6 - Consuming Evil

(Edited: January 7, 2024)

- Next Day - Castiel POV - Late Afternoon -

Walking around the bunker I squint my eyes in question. I have yet to see Emily around the bunker.. Which is unlike her.. I am concerned that something may have happened.. Maybe she is 'hanging out' with Jack? Hmm.... That is the most likely answer.

Flying straight to the living room I spot my adopted son sitting on the couch. Jack is sitting alone watching a documentary about Hyena's.. "Jack, Have you seen Emily today? I have not seen her." Looking around the room, my vessels eyes searching for the female.

"No I have not, is something wrong?" Jack pauses the documentary, turning to look at me with worry.

"Everything is fine.. I am just attempting to find her.. It is odd that she has not exited her room.. I shall return momentarily." Nodding to my son he nods back furrowing his brows.

Quickly flying across the bunker I land in front of Emily's door. Having been told by Dean several times to 'knock before I come in'.. Humans are so odd.. Knocking on the door gently I stand still arms by my sides, listening intently through the wood.

"come in.." A soft voice barely makes it through the wood... This is worrisome. Opening her door I peak my head inside. Spotting Emily wrapped up in her blankets. Laying in her bed cuddling a large plush toy resembling a tiger.. That is new.... Gabriel must have created it.

"Emily? Are you alright?" Looking closer at her, I notice tear tracks on her cheeks.. She has been crying? Why?

- Emily POV -

"I'm fine Cas.." Smiling weakly to the angel he squints at me. Stepping further into the room, closing the door behind him with a soft click.

"You were crying recently, may I ask as the reason why?" Castiel looks at me with a perplexed expression.

"Heh.. Guess everything just started to boil over.. this happens sometimes.. especially when I don't take my meds.." Hiding the lower part of my face underneath the blanket, I look to the angel.. Losing my mom.. getting murdered by my best friend.. getting transported to another world.. I just.. I can't handle it... Fuck. Why can't I go back to normal? Pretend everything is doing fine. Just ignore it..

"You haven't been taking your medication? I was not aware that you required any.." Castiel's posture straightens significantly as his eyes widen.

"Well.. it's kinda hard to get pills when you don't technically exist.." Chuckling numbly I feel a glimmer of happiness grow inside me due to his naive question.. Only to be snuffed out by the raging despair and depression that is claiming my body... the both of them having free reign now that their chemical prisons are gone..

"I have no experience with these things.." Castiel's face drops as do his wings. Looking dejected, still learning things about human society.. after all these years being around them.

"it's fine Cas.. Really." Giving him my best fake smile that I learned from a close friend.. (Due to my autism, I begin I mimic the people around me. Using how they act to blend into social situations) .. he sees right through it.