Chapter 16 - Wooing

(Edited April 9, 2023)

- Castiel POV -

"Trial by combat.. seriously Luce?" Gabriel stares at his brother with an unamused face, scoffing softly.

"What! It's a good idea!" Lucifer holds his arms aloft with a shrug. Eyes darting to each of his brothers.

"I don't wanna get my ass kicked.. thanks." Rolling his eyes, Gabriel sits down on his couch. All of us having decided to take this meeting to another location.. Gabriel's secret home, hidden deep within Mt. Everest. Gabriel having designed it so it is only accessable via angelic flight.

Sitting on a wooden chair I look at my brothers as they bicker amongst themselves.. They do not think about what our mate would want. "Why do we not let Emily decide? Allow her to choose who she wishes to 'date'." Raising my voice slightly, they all turn to look at me.

"PFFFF, No Cassie. I want to keep the order a surprise. That way we can all surprise cupcake with fun activities to woo her. Like a loyal mate should."

"Gabriel.." Sighing softly I stare at him shaking my head side to side.

"What! Don't get me started Cassie. I know more about Human courtship customs than all of you combined! So, I'm bringing her out on a date to the most prestigious restaurant in Paris." She would not like that.. she has mentioned several times that she dislikes taking advantage of our divine gifts..

"Well, you have fun with that boring trip. I'm bringing her to hell-" Lucifer is interrupted a second later by Michael who bellows out.

"No! Certainly not!" Michael stands up from his chair abruptly.

"Let me finish, dear brother... I'm bringing her to hell, so she can pick out a hellhound pup as a guard dog. I want her to be safe in our absence. Don't you?" Lucifer leans forward away from the bar countertop, squinting questioningly at his brother.

"A hellhound?! Have you gone mad! The filthy beast would sooner carve her up and eat her alive than protect her!" There is no need for a hellhound.. When we are absent, the Winchester's will always accompany her. Aren't they enough protection? They have saved the world multiple times from destruction.

Lucifer rolls his eyes visibly, annoyed at his older brother. "Well, that's what I'm doing on my day. Whether any of you approve or not. What are you doing with our gal Mikey?" Lucifer walks across the room to Gabriel's love seat. Draping himself across it with a sigh. Raising a brow as he looks to his older brother.

"I'm.. I'm not sure yet." Michaels eyes shoot to the floor, his hands rubbing against each other.

"I.. shall share mine then.. Emily enjoys animals greatly, so I plan to search the forests in Siberia for a tiger. When I find one I shall speak with it and negotiate a deal.. I believe Emily would be rather happy if she could spend time with her favorite animal."

"Ooo.. Gumdrop would love that. Good thinking Cassie." Gabriel elbows me in the side with a smile. I nod to him in acknowledgement. Our mate is going to be cherished... I just hope that she does not disapprove of our advances...