Chapter 26 - Betrayal ⚔️

(Minor Edits January 8, 2024)

- ??? - Throne Room -

Sitting in my throne, I see my adviser approach me. Flying over he hovers by my side holding a clipboard. "You asked for me my king?"

"I want all of my subjects to be on the lookout for my medallion of messaging. If any of them should see it, I want them to report to me straight away."

"Certainly my king, I shall do so right away." My advisor bows his head before quickly flying off to spread the message. I smirk as I stroke my chin, excited to be able to meet this mystery woman..

- Emily POV - Next Day -

Entering the game store with Mandrew happily trotting along, I smile as I see my new friends already sitting at the table. "Hey guys!"  They all look up and smile at me with waves.

"What took you so long? We almost started without you!" Angus says with a grin, sipping on his beer.

"Gah, sorry about that.. I'm doing some spring cleaning with my roommates, I had to label a bunch of stuff we found in storage. It's an old house." Best if I tell them my angel harem are just my roommates.. I'm not sure how they would react if they found out I was in a poly relationship. All of them nod in understanding as I sit down at the table.

I grab my soda from my bag and let Mandrew off the leash. Letting him lay down comfortably by my feet. Isaac looks at me and his face pales, before returning to normal. "Everything okay Isaac?" I raise a brow as I look up to him, sitting up straight as I adjust my Merlin bangle.

"Yeah yeah.. Just uhm.. I'm fine, thought I was gonna have a bowl movement!" Isaac laughs slightly scratching the side of his head as he sits down.

"I saw your necklace and wristband.. where did you get them?" Isaac asks as his eyes flick to the pendant hanging around my neck.

"Aren't they fricken cool?" I smile wide as I hold up the amulet. "I found them while cleaning! I thought they would fit Shmorg's asthenic."

"Well they certainly do."

"I hopefully wanna make a cosplay or costume of my DND character or something. I plan on going to a Ren fair at some point this year, I've been working hard." I smile as I look at them.

"I would be excited to see your costume once it's finished!.. But, let's stop wasting time by bullshitting.. All of you wake up from your slumber, hearing the door to your room being knocked on.."

- 10:00 PM -

We finally finished for the night, having killed an evil wizard and collected our bounty. All the others quickly left with goodbyes as I stayed behind with Isaac to help clean up. "Oh!" Isaac snaps his fingers and points at me. "I just realized, I don't have your number!" Isaac says out loud as he looks at me. "Can I have it? Just in case there's any scheduling changes to DND?"

"Sure thing!" Isaac hands me his phone and I quickly input the number, sending myself a quick message so I can enter it into my own phone.

"Mind if I get a pic of you? So I have something for the caller id?" Isaac asks looking very tense. Must be nervous about asking me.