Chapter 23 - Bloody Valentine

- Hours Later -

Entering the game shop with Mandrew on his leash I look around, spotting the guy I saw the last time I was here. "Oh hey!" He says as he smiles once he sees me, setting down a book onto the table surrounded by people, he walks over to me.

"Hi! I hope I'm not late?" I smile at him slightly and he grins back.

"No, you're perfectly on time. C'mon in! I'll introduce you to the party." Isaac walks into the room, showing off a table with three other people sitting around it. A hand made map laying across the table with small figures resting upon it.

"Hi! I'm Emily, this is Mandrew." All of their eyes widen at the sight of the dog, they all stiffen. "Uhm.. are you all scared of dogs?"

"No.. he's just uhm.. cute." The large man says as he looks at the canine. Mandrew squints at him and sniffs, but does nothing. I sit down at the table and pull out my stuff from my purse.

"Hi I'm Mari the party's warrior." The woman with various piercings, wearing leather jacket grins. Tattoos covering her arms, all of them various flowers and vines.

"I'm Angus.. the priest." The large man with a thick bushy beard waves at me with a kind smile. He has a thick metal peircing in the middle of his nose, as well as a piercing on his ear.

"Ian, Artificer." The skinny man waves to me with disinterest.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you! I'm Emily. Let's have some fun!" I smile at all of them as Isaac takes his seat at the head of the table. I reach down and unhook Mandrew so he can lay comfortably at my feet.

"Alright let us begin then, may I get a background of your character?" Isaac says to me with a smile.

"Oh! Sure!" I clear my throat, closing my eyes.. before opening them again as my character. In a scratchy low voice I say. "Greetings, my name is Shmorg Toadsteel.. I am the druidic healer of my small village located deep in the swamplands.. the mushrooms I grow have healing properties.. which gave me my name." I bow my head to them all. "I have ventured fourth from my home in search of other fungal plants. Wanting to aid my village further.."

Isaac nods his head in respect. "Alright, you enter into an inn residing in a small village.. Your search having led you to an apothecary whom was unable to see you. So you must wait till the morning.. You enter into the inn and see three people sitting around a table.."

- Bunker - Midnight -

Parking the truck with Mandrew in the passenger seat. I sigh loudly as I sit back in the seat. Jesus Christ. Driving at night sucks.. I should of just asked someone to drive me to DND.. I don't care what Cas says about me being a 'good driver' this shit is scary..

With another sigh I get out of the truck, allowing Mandrew to hop out as I grab my stuff. "Whatcha want for dinner Mandrew? Mutton, Pork, Chicken or beef?" I look down to the dog as we walk to the door, Mandrew looks up at me and barks once.

"Mutton it is." I smile down at him as we walk down the stairs, not spotting Sam sitting at the war table.

"Em?" His brows furrow in confusion.

"Oh, hey Sam." I smile at him as I unhook Mandrew from his leash, releasing the beast.

"Where have you been?" He looks to the door then back to me. Having thought I was at the bunker the entire time.

"Oh, I went to DND at the shop Nat 20. I had a blast." I walk over to the kitchen, grabbing a package of raw mutton from the fridge. Moving over to the counter I also grab a duck head and some chicken feet as well as some chunks of beef liver, everything raw.