Chapter 5 - Helpful Chores

(Edited: January 7, 2024)

- Bunker - Emily's Room - Early Afternoon -

Opening my eyes slowly I groggily sit up. Holding my head in my hands.. Looking down on my bedsheets I spot my glasses and laptop, which is practically dead. Sighing I slide my glasses on before reaching down to grab my laptop charger. Plugging it in quickly before I begin to look through my files...

Holy shit. It was real. The dream was real. Kai actually contacted me... O-Okay.. Looks like Kai saved me months of work.. if not years.. But.. why are they doing this for me? Why am I even here? What even is Kai..? I mean, Chuck didn't know.. So.. I guess I have no hope. Unless I ask them the next time I see them... Looking back at the website my eyes widen. It's even up and running on the dark web!.. I should probably send Sam the link as soon as possible... Then he can spread it around to other hunters.

Looking down to the clock at the bottom right of my screen I curse silently. They must have already packed up and hit the road by now.. I guess I'll just have to wait until they get back.. Since they neglected to give me a fucking phone to contact them. But for now, I need to begin doing various chores.. I need to get this place spick and span if I'm gonna be living here. Just by looking at the counters I can practically see the germs.

Crawling out of bed with a groan. I make my way to the kitchen to eat my breakfast.

Walking down the hall, rubbing my eyes sleepily. I spot Jack and Cas sitting in the living room. Jack is sitting on the couch eating his cereal watching his favorite rabbit cartoon.

Quickly walking into the kitchen, I grab a bowl and some cereal. Walking out to the living room. "Morning guys.."

"Good morning Emily! Did you sleep well?" Jack smiles wide as he chews on his cereal.

Castiel looks up from his book, nodding to me "Good Morning."

"So are Sam and Dean on the road?" Holding my hands close to my chest, I begin to play with my fingers.

"Yes. The local police discovered a freshly mutilated body. Indicating that the monster in question is attacking live victims. So they believed it would be a good idea to get there earlier then expected." Castiel turns his attention back to his book, keeping his eyes locked onto it.

Rubbing my chin in thought, snapping my fingers I point to Cas. "Hmh.. So it's looking like a ghoul who taking a liking to fresh meat?"

"I am uncertain, but it is likely." Nodding in agreement as he continues to read, flipping the page.

"I have never fought a ghoul before." Jack looks over to me, continuing to eat his cereal.

"Nasty buggers. Traditionally they prefer to eat the corpses of the dead.. But on occasion they attack living humans.. if I remember correctly the kill method is like vamps right?" Looking to my left at Cas, he looks up from his book with a nod.

"Yes, you are correct. You must decapitate the ghoul and destroy it's head." Castiel grabs his bookmark, sliding it against the pages before shutting the book.

"Hmph.. I hope Sam and Dean stay safe.. Ghouls are like humanoid Hyenas.." Castiel and Jack look to me in confusion, the both of them tilting their heads. "Well, Hyenas have a high bite strength, that allows them to easily break bones.. so do alligators if I remember correctly.. Although alligators cannot open their mouths as easily if they are held shut-" Snapping my mouth shut in realization. Cursing at myself inside my mind. You're rambling about your stupid animal facts again Emily! Nobody cares about them! "I-I'm sorry I'm rambling aren't I..?"