Chapter 11 - Darkness

(Edited January 7, 2024)

- Bunker - Emily POV -

It's almost time for the spell. Rowena has everything she needs to cast it to seal the darkness away... I think this is a very bad idea. But nobody listens to me! It's not going to work! A lich's phylactery compared to a divine/eldritch creature? It stands no chance!

Sitting on the couch, I watch with curiosity as she grinds up bones in a pestle and mortar. Why the fuck is she grinding up bones? Does she need bone meal..? I'm gonna ask. "Rowena? What kind of bones are those?"

"The bones of Christ dear." Grabbing another handful of the small shards she drops them into the bowl. Grabbing the tool she grinds them up some more.

"It took me a considerable amount of time to locate them. Most of the remains are gone, lost to the soil." Michael crosses his arms as he watches the witch work.

"Why do you need Jesus' bones?" Squinting in confusion I look over to Rowena once more.

"He's the first holy man, if I could I would of had him get Adam's bones.. But the lad is long gone by now, beggars can't be choosers... I need the bone powder to mix with some stone dust from hell. I'll add them both to some clay and use it to seal the phylactery shut." Grabbing the mortar bowl she pours the contents into a small dish. Grabbing a large black stone, she begins to break that up as well.

"Okay.. That doesn't explain how we will get her here and into the phylactery..."

"I'm going to use Dean dear. He has a residual energy signature in his arm from when he had the mark of Cain. I should be able to pull her here using it. As for the trapping? That's the hard part.." Rowena sighs softly as she works, adding more stones to the bowl. Crunching them up into a fine powder.

"Leave that to me." Chuck appears out of nowhere, startling me. Fuck, he's here. "Almost done?" Chuck looks to Rowena with disinterest. He fucking knows it's not gonna work. This is all just for his stupid story. Fuck I hate him.

"Almost. Just need to mix it up now..." Rowena looks at Chuck wearily, grabbing a hunk of clay she begins to work with it. Warming it up to a nice consistency, she creates a small dimple in the clay. Grabbing the pestle and mortar she pours the powder into the dimple. Grabbing the clay and folding it over, she begins the process of mixing it up.

"It would be wise if we brought Emily to a safer location." Castiel speaks up as he glances over to me. Genuinely worried about my safety.

"What? And miss this? No way in hell! I'm staying!" Leave and miss this shit show? No thanks!

"I'm with Cas here Sugar, we need to get you somewhere safe.. I have a safehouse in the Swiss Alps you can go to? Hm?" Gabriel smiles as he tries to tempt me into leaving.

"And what if you all die hm? I'll be stuck there with no way of getting home. No, I stay." Crossing my arms in defiance. Wanting to see this through.

- 30 Minutes Later -

"Alright, everything's set to begin.. Dean?" Rowena calls out to the eldest Winchester, dark grey clay covering her hands. A large intricate golden bowl sitting in front of her holding various ingredients. The mound of clay sitting beside the phylactery, ready to be used.