Chapter 4 - Kick Back And Relax

(Edited: January 7, 2024)

- The Next Day - Early Morning -

Sitting at the war table sipping on my hot chocolate. My eyes drooping sleepily as I continue to read. Having stayed up all night reading about Fae, even going as far as to dive into the men of letters records to read up. I mean come on! Factually correct information about a fantasy race? As a DnD nerd and a gamer how could I pass this up?

"What on earth are you doing up at this hour?" Turning around I see Gabriel holding a book in his hands. Staring at me in confusion.

"Huh? What time is it?" Cursing inwardly at myself.. Having never learnt how to read an analog clock.. It never clicked in my head.

"It's 5am Sugar and you look like you didn't go to sleep." Gabriel smirks playfully. Swooning inwardly, I faint on a fainting couch in my mind scape. His smile makes me weak in the knees.

"Heh.. I didn't. I was too busy learning about the fae." Holding up the file with a meek smile. Gabriel walks to the table, setting his heavy book down beside me.

"Ah, those little shits.. They are such douchenozzles. Their king Oberon does not know how to have a good time." Sitting down in his chair he looks over to me.

"You've met the fairy king Oberon?" Please say yes.. PLEASE say yes.

"Mhm. Hung out with the fae for a couple decades. Had to patch things up with them. One of the pagan gods accidentally killed a high ranking fairy.." Gabriel creates a lollipop out of thin air, sucking on it while looking at me.

"Man.. You're so lucky. I love fantasy races so much! Being here in this world.. it's a dream come true." Resting my head on my hand I sigh softly.

"So your world was boring then?" Raising a brow as he sucks on his lolli. Leaning back in his chair, resting one leg on the opposite knee.

"Boring is an understatement of the century.. To my knowledge, there were no Monsters/Angels or Demons of any kind.. Just boring old humans.. fucking sucked major assballs. The closest I could get to fantasy was roleplaying in DnD." I say with an annoyed huff, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Didn't know you were into roleplay.. kinky. Well anywho.." Gabriel snaps his fingers and my book disappears.

"Hey! Bring that back!" Blushing a bright red due to his comment. Frowning at the angel as he continues to suck in his Lollipop.

"No can do Sugar. You need to sleep. You'll get this back tomorrow. Now shoo! Go sleep!" Gabriel makes a shooing motion with his hands, sitting back in his seat.

Sighing loudly rolling my head back with a groan. "Fine! Damn fancy angel magic.. You win. I'll sleep. G'Night Candyman." Getting up out of the chair, stretching my arms over my head. Hearing my back pop in several places. Walking out of the room, waving to the trickster as I make my way to my room. Hellbent on passing the fuck out.

- Bunker - Later That Night -

After spending the whole day inside my room. Chilling out on my bed with my books and laptop, I'm left peacefully undisturbed.. Until Dean decides to ruin it. "Hey! Emily!" Dean knocks on my bedroom door loudly. Pulling my attention from my laptop.