Chapter 2 - Pie Anyone? 🥧

(Edited: January 7, 2024)

Sleepily rolling around in my bed. My mind in the state of waking itself up. I open my eyes sleepily, reaching over to my nightstand to grab my glasses. Wanting to get an early start on my chores. If I do my chores now, it means more time for gaming.

My hands fumble around blindly as I try to grab my glasses. Why can't I find my glasses? The hell? Is my aim off? Am I missing? Sitting up with my eyes almost closed I turn to look at my nightstand to grab my glasses.. Wait a second.. where's my night stand? My mind waking up more I take a look around the room with confusion.. where am I..? This place looks kinda familiar..? But.. it's not my room.. Throwing the green blanket off my legs, I quickly slide out of the bed. Walking over to the door I open it slowly, carefully peaking my head out.. Seeing a long empty hallway that I recognize..

Holy fucking shit it wasn't a dream.

My eyes widen in alarm as I take a step back into the room. Resting my arm against the doorframe, I hold my other hand to my chest. Closing my eyes I take deep breaths. Trying to calm myself down, feeling the beginnings of a panic attack forming in my gut. don't panic Emily.. Don't panic-

"Are you alright, Emily?" Jumping in alarm with a shriek my eyes open in alarm, holding my hand to my chest. Clutching the fabric over my heart. Jack is standing in the hallway with his head tilted to the side. Looking at me with concern.

Taking a deep gulp of air I give him a meek smile. Act cool. "I'm.. um.. f-fine. Just a little anxiety.. I um.. I thought yesterday was a dream..." Laughing softly I run my fingers through my hair. A nervous tick of mine rearing it's ugly head yet again.

"Oh.. Well I am heading to get breakfast, would you like to join me?" Jack smiles kindly showing his teeth, his head still tilted. God he's such a sweetie pie..

"Sure Jack. I could use some breakfast, I'm hungry." I need the distraction, if I'm distracted I can't overthink.. if I can't overthink, I can't panic... Nodding to him I see visible excitement glimmer in his eyes. Jack gestures for me to follow him, which I do.

He leads me down through the hallways to the kitchen joined near the war room. Where he grabs a box of cereal from one of the upper cupboards.

Seeing this I move to the fridge, grabbing the half gallon of milk that was inside the door. Turning to walk over to Jack I see that he has two empty bowls held in his hand, with two spoons inside them. The both of us walk over to the 'living room', adjacent to the war room. A giant flat screen tv and a massive couch sit inside. A small brown coffee table infront of said couch.

Sitting in the middle of the couch next to Jack, he pours the cereal into both bowls. I then pour the milk on top.. Jack turns on the TV and the both of us begin to watch some cartoons.. my nerves slowly calming down as my mind becomes distracted.

- Hour's Later -

It's almost noon by the time that Dean decides that now's a good time to leave. Wanting to get me situated in the bunker as fast as possible.. but he mainly wants to go to the grocery store to get ingredients for his pie. Typical Dean..

"I.. would enjoy accompanying the both of you." Cas says behind me, causing me to jump in surprise. Letting out a frightened squeak I turn to Cas with a jump.

"God! Fuck! Now I know what you mean Dean. Jesus Christ... He really does need a goddamn bell..." Holding my hand to my chest I take a deep breath, closing my eyes. Calming down my racing heart. I've always hated being surprised.. it makes me panic. After taking a quick moment, I gather myself turning to the angel. "But... Why do you wanna come Cas? It's just a boring human activity..?"