Chapter 14 - Ricki-tikki-tavi 🦦

(Edited January 7, 2024)

The otter emoji was the closest to a weasel :(

- Lucifer POV - Three Hour's Later -

Sitting in the dark closet, Emily's head in my lap. The both of us watch her laptop screen for hours.. I do not understand why she enjoys this show..

My eyes flick down to her, having heard her breathing slowed considerably. She must be asleep, poor baby girl wore herself out.. Smiling slightly I run my fingers through her hair. I would of never thought.. I would have feelings like this for a human...... Hmph, this doesn't seem comfortable... Carefully holding her in my arms, I get off the floor cradling her to me. Walking to her bed I lay her down, laying the covers over her body.

The moment she's set down she grabs ahold of a long pillow, wrapping herself around it like a koala. Walking back to the closet, I grab her laptop. Turning it off and setting it back on her desk. Walking to the door I turn back and smile as I look at her.. Taking a deep breath, I shake it off. Opening the door.

- Castiel POV -

Standing outside her door, feeling a strong worry burn in my gut.. How could Lucifer just go inside her room like that? Emily wishes to be alone.... It's been hours, what is he doing in there with her?

The door to her room opens suddenly and Lucifer exits with a cocky smirk. Quickly looking past him into the room, I see Emily laying on her bed wrapped up tightly in her blankets sound asleep. Lucifer slowly closes the door behind him. Gabriel, myself and Michael glare at him with disapproval. "You had no right to go in there." Gabriel crosses his arms, shaking his head at his brother.

"I had every right." Lucifer growls out, his eyes glowing bright red with his grace. Pointing his finger into Gabriel's chest. "My mate was in distress Gabriel. Come on, don't lie to me. I know damn well that you could feel it in your grace like I did." Gabriel scoffs putting his hands on his hips.

"She's not just yours bro! She's all of ours asshole." Gabriel scoffs, crossing his arms back over his chest.

"Well tough shit. I don't share." Lucifer pushes his chest against Gabriel's.

"Would it not be best if we let Emily decide?" Looking to the both of them.

"I agree with Castiel." Michael steps forward, having been silent the entire time. He is still having troubles differentiating his emotions.. that is why he has yet to spend time with Emily so far.. He felt the pull of the bond, but did not understand what he was feeling. Lucifer scoffs softly rolling his eyes.

"You must get over this possessiveness little brother. It will just distress our mate." Michael squints his eyes at Lucifer.

"Ugh.. whatever.. I gotta go back to hell. Business.. Let me know when she wakes up mmk?" Lucifer flies away quickly, descending into the depths of hell.

- Emily POV - Hour's Later -

Humming softly I turn over in my sleep. Cuddling closer to my pillow with a sigh, wrapping my legs around it.. Having had the most odd yet pleasant dream.. I was in a circus..? But I was on the run- I stole some trading cards so the guards- who were also pirates, were hunting me. I escaped on a large white whale to get to the exit.. that was guarded by Matt Mercer. Then it got a little steamy.. huehuehue.