Chapter 29 - 🧚🏻‍♂️The Fairy King🥀

Authors Note: *Jumps up and down like a rabbit on cocaine* IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO READ THIS!!!

(Minor Edits January 8, 2024)

- Next Day -

Laying on the couch inside the bunker, finishing up my crochet Smaug I made. Deciding on giving it to Issac as a present. He'll fit perfectly in the store! He can sit at the counter! Jack sits next to me as we watch the final movie of the Hobbit series.

I sigh loudly as I watch Thorin succumb to dragon sickness, shaking my head side to side. "So, the dragon infected the gold?" Jack asks as he watches Thorin obsess over searching the endless mounds.

"Yeah, that's what Tolkien or the movie director went with I guess." I shrug my shoulders just as my phone vibrates.

~

Overlord: Hey Emily?

~

I raise my brows in surprise as I see the text message. What's going on?? Is he cancelling DND?

~

Angy Lizard 🦎: Yeah Issac?

Overlord: You still coming to DND tonight?

Angy Lizard 🦎: Yeah! I'll be there! I'm sorry I had to miss a last session!

Overlord: Ah it's okay. I'll see you tonight 👍

~

"Who was that? Was it Sam or Dean?" Jack asks as he turns to look at me.

"Nah, it was my friend Issac. Wanting to know if I'll be there for dnd tonight." I shrug my shoulders as I finish off the Smaug. Setting it down beside me with a smile.

"Oh.. Okay." Jack says with a smile, turning back around to watch the movie.

- Parking Lot - 10:11pm -

Parking the truck, I sigh loudly as I unhook my seat belt. Mandrew pants in the passenger seat, grabbing ahold of the end of his leash. He watches and waits as I walk around the truck to the other side. Opening the door he hands me the leash as I smile at him. "C'mon Mandrew, we're already ten minutes late!" Mandrew barks at me as he jumps down onto the floor of the truck then to the ground.

Slinging my purse over my shoulder, I make sure the truck is locked before quickly walking over to the store. Pushing the plush Smaug into my purse as I run across the road.

Opening the door I look up and see Issac covered in bruises bouncing his knee anxiously as all the others look down with weird faces. They all look up as they hear the bell ring. "Sorry I'm late!- whoa, what happened Issac?" I say as I close the door behind me, Issac lets out a sigh of relief.

"He got mugged." Angus says with his arms crossed, my eyes widen in surprise.

"Holy shit, are you okay?" I kneel down to unhook Mandrew, letting him run into the room. He darts straight to his treat bowl Issac set down last session. I go to my chair and sling my purse over it, grabbing the plush Smaug I set it on the table next to Issac. "Here, I hope this will make you feel a bit better. I made it for you."