Chapter 27 - Workin 9 to 5 🍄

(Minor Edits January 8, 2024)

- Next Day -

Laying on the couch with my crochet, the Hobbit movies playing in the background. I watch my favorite part as I smile. "Goddamn.. Legolas has no right to be that hot.." I shake my head with a smile. "All caked up in leather pants.. Sheeeeesh."

Jack looks at me with a raised brow, having decided to watch the hobbit movies since he hasn't seen ANYTHING from the realm of LOTR. "You like this elf Legolas?" He points to the tv as he returns to watching it. Poor Jack was freaked out by the spider capture scene.. he's not going to like the spider in the pass to Mordor that's for certain... That scene gave me nightmares as a child.. not to mention just gollum in general.  I had to have my mother stay with me in the bathroom for weeks in order for me to shower.. whos bright idea was it to allow a 6 year old to watch the LOTR??? smh.

"Heh, yup. And his daddy, I got a thing for elves it seems." I shrug my shoulders as they speak in front of Thranduil. I quietly mumble "Imrid amrâd ursul." Under my breath when Thorin says it to Thranduil.

"What's that mean?" Jack asks me as he watches.

"Die in dragon fire." I finish off my plush and set it in my bag, ready to be put in my shop. Grabbing some more yarn, I begin the process of making a plush smaug. Let's see how much this will go for.

Dean enters the room beside Sam who's holding his laptop. "Hey Em?" Sam asks as he walks over to me.

I turn around and look at him with a raised brow. "Yeah?"

"Your uh.. site pinged another invasive creature...?" He turns the laptop around and my eyes widen as I read the report.

"The heck?" I squint as I read the report.. "A cabin appeared in the middle of the woods one week randomly.. with no tracks indicating a vehicle. Weird. But nobody died?" I look back up to them.

"Yeah, but people are finding all sorts of broken things fixed as well.. I think we should check it out. Just to be safe." Sam shrugs his shoulders, putting his hand in his pocket.

"Okay. I'm up for it.. But I'm gonna miss DnD this week if I go.. I'll just text Isaac and let him know." Both boys nod in affirmative as they walk away to go pack. I put all my crochet stuff back in my bag and move to do the same. Grabbing my phone out of my pocket, I send a quick text to Isaac.

~

Angy Lizard 🦎: Hey Issac?

Overlord: What's up Emily?

Angy Lizard 🦎: I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to DND this week. Something came up.

Overlord: Ah.. that's okay. I'll let you know what happened during the session once it's done.

Angy Lizard 🦎: Thank you so much! I should be able to make it next week!

Overlord: 👍

~

Good.. now that's taken care of. Let's go nab a mystery critter! I jog to my room, grabbing my unicorn bag.. Looking down at my staff bangle I contemplate... Should I..? I mean, we don't know what it is.. It's best if I bring it. I nod to myself and run back to the war room. Deciding to watch some more of the movie with Jack before I have to leave.. then I remember. Crap! I was gonna train with Michael today!