Chapter 97

16. On the other hand, the Huns are rushing towards Kyoto day and night.
  As the coach, Lu Yan also learned about King Qin's dispatch of troops, but he did not turn his horse around. The reason is very good.
  First, the mobility of the Huns is far from what the Han people can catch with their legs. The Huns usually have two or three horses on their own. Lu Yan hopes to take advantage of this time difference to break through the capital before King Qin's army arrives.
  Second, returning to the grassland at this moment, then this large-scale military operation will eventually be reduced to an ultra-large-scale grass-grabbing valley, as the Huns did. Inspiring the teacher and mobilizing the crowd, only to get a useless Xiao Jin, input and output are completely disproportionate;
  third, at this moment, the old and the new alternate, the situation is unstable, it is the best time to attack in one fell swoop, miss this moment, lose Du Jintan It is almost impossible for this super meticulous Xiongnu to reproduce this situation.
  In fact, the letter that appeared on Chen Zeming's hand is indeed Du Jintan's handwritten handwriting. But Chen Zeming didn't know much more than he knew. For example, Du Jintan's correspondence with the Xiongnu has been in correspondence for a long time; for example, as early as the year when Chen Zeming was the commander of the chief and deputy capital of the temple, Lu Yan was ordered by Da Danyu to travel thousands of miles to the capital to meet with Du Jintan. Once, and also the only meeting in this life. After the meeting, King Youxian bought the eunuch even more playfully, under the pseudonym Zuo Yan, sneaked into the palace to watch the appearance of the emperor of the Han family, and aroused a question of Chen Zeming by Xiao Ding.

  In Lu Yan's personal opinion, Du Jindan is a very strange Han. This person talks witty, the city is deep and does not fight for a moment. Once such a person gives up his shame, the consequences are very terrible. Du Jintan's purpose in liaising with the Xiongnu is very simple. He wants to use this powerful force to become an emperor himself. As for why, in the correspondence between the two of them, Du Jintan vaguely revealed that the emperor was too tyrannical and caused the grievances.
  Du Jintan himself is a man of integrity, and his reasons for treason will inevitably become high-sounding. He believes that the Huns' power is growing day by day, and the Xiao family has no virtue. That being the case, why didn't the cheap emperor let him sit. He can pay tribute to the Huns and surrender from generation to generation. This not only saves one's own children and grandchildren from suffering but also allows the world's sentient beings to experience less war and be more stable for a few more days. It can be said to kill two birds with one stone.
  For such an analysis, Lu Yan disagrees.
  There are gains and losses. There are many people who sacrifice their interests behind this transaction, but the "gain" is Du Jintan's gain, and the "loss" is the loss of others. This is the case for politicians, who are all able to do their best, but they still want to rush to set up the torii.
  In short, for more than ten years, Du Jintan has worked tirelessly to plot a conspiracy to overthrow the Xiao dynasty. Correspondingly, Lu Yan did not hesitate to give assistance.
  It's just a puppet emperor, the Huns can afford it.
  More importantly, if Du Jintan can become the emperor as he wishes, the Xiongnu will also avoid the trouble of having to fight grass and valleys to eat in autumn and winter.
  Of course, this kind of trouble Lvyan was originally a pleasure, but it didn't matter if it was more.
  But Da Shan was moved by his heart, and he was willing to help Du Jindan proclaim the emperor. So as a courtier, even if it is a heavy minister, if Lu Yan looks down on this person from the bottom of his heart, he can only push the boat along the way.

  A month ago, Du Jintan sent someone to send a secret letter saying that he would control the front office of the Central Hall of the Capital by then. As long as the Xiongnu took the opportunity to send troops at the time of the redemption, the day when the capital fell.
  Lu Yan then led his troops to besiege Xuanhua Mansion while waiting for news of the next step. He didn't expect to be waiting for the news of Du Jindan's death. The Fei Emperor, who had disappeared for several years, took advantage of this chaos and succeeded in seizing power and regaining the throne.
  When he heard the news, Lu Yan smiled.
  For the death of this old man, Lu Yan didn't feel much sadness. Even the Huns still despised the scum who could easily betray their race. His thinking was that this long-distance raid was too simple, so simple that he was completely uninterested. Although the Huns responded to Du Jintan's actions step by step and won a great victory because of this, in essence, this one-sided war was really boring.
  The changes at this moment made the battle interesting suddenly.
  His blood is a little hot.
  Two Han emperors Lu Yan had seen him, and he was more interested in Xiao Ding, who fell into the abyss and could climb out by himself, than Xiao Jin, who was crying all day long and looking forward and backward. In his impression, Xiao Ding was still the cold young man back then, his whole body exuding a defiant aura, yet he still didn't know what a converging edge was. Lu Yan is very interested in fighting against such people.
  Especially under the premise that this person's own strength is not bad, this defeated game is even more entertaining.

  With the prestige of constant victory, quickly attack the capital.
  In just a dozen words, the Huns spread it by word of mouth, and soon everyone knew it.
  Three days later, the Huns advanced below the capital.
  As Xiao Ding said, this city was chosen by the Xiao family a hundred years ago. At that time, the royal family selected more than 10,000 wealthy families from all parts of the Central Plains and forced them to move into this city. Then there were more than 40,000 skilled craftsmen. Almost all the power of the whole country has created the luxury and wealth of this city. After a hundred years of operation, this city has long been built as impeccable. The reason why Xiao Ding did not consider the journey to the south was due to the high walls of the city, easy defense and difficult attack, and other factors.
  When the Huns arrived, it was too late to admire the height of the city wall.
  □□ On hearing the news, the defender mobilized more than 10,000 people, lined up in line with the city, lined up stone cannons at the front of the city to face those who came. The upper and lower parts of the city echoed each other, looking from a distance, the flags were fluttering, and the momentum was magnificent.

  Lu Yan stopped the horse far and ordered the army to slow down.
  His son Wu Zile stepped forward, "Father, my son is willing to lead Sanqian Erlang as the vanguard to fight against the opponent, and set back the other's spirit."
  Lu Yan said: "He is a long snake formation, the coach. And some of the troops still stay in the city. The soldiers and horses outside the city are used to fighting with us. If they lose, they can retreat. The towers are protected by arrows and stones. This formation can advance or retreat, and the defenders are not sloppy. This lord is afraid that the morale is too weak, and wants to take advantage of our far teacher's fatigue, wait for work, and fight a victory to boost morale, right?"
  Wu Zile said: "Who is afraid that he will not succeed in a hard fight?
  Lu Yan smiled and looked at his son, "In this case, you lead ten thousand soldiers, divided into five groups, secretly combined with the five elements, and divided and intercepted. The two-winged cavalry is the key to this battle. You need to try your best to contain it. The middle section will attack fiercely. , This time is considered broken."
  Wu Zile Dale, led the way.
  When the five cavalries rushed to the front, the defending army changed its position and retreated into six groups. The Huns were not afraid, and they went forward bravely.
  Lu Yan said: "Yes, it's good."
  Yehe couldn't help but say: "The prince said who is good?"
  Lu Yan said: "It kept it well."
  All the generals were surprised, Lu Yan said: "It's a pity, the first battle is A tough battle, we must win." He ordered another 10,000 people to go out and said: "Block them back, don't let them retreat to the city. There are only 20,000 defenders in this city. Kill one and one less."
  Ye, He laughed and went away.

  After two encounters, the Huns were unstoppable, and the defenders lost nearly a thousand people in a short time. The coach Duan Qiyi was panicked and seeing the enemy's reinforcements rushing in, he immediately ordered the resumption of the team.
  When Lu Yan saw the opponent retreating, he also issued an order to Mingjin.
  Yehe didn't catch the fight, and was very dissatisfied, cursing, but Wu Zile's men were victorious, cheering, and the three armies boosted their morale.
  For the next few days, Lu Yan issued orders to attack the city with all his strength every day.
  Duan Qiyi was terrified in his heart and couldn't hold on to it. Relying on the height of the city wall, it was not difficult to hold it well.

  The court is still full of excitement every day. Some people criticize Duan Qiyi for not being able to stay strong, some say that this is the way to win, and the battle of words is not inferior to the war outside the city.
  However, the ministers under the soldiers can still quarrel like this every day, which at least proves that everyone still has hope in their hearts. Everyone is looking forward to the arrival of King Qin's army soon, and the two sides will reunite. These innocuous drooling and arguing are better than a pool of stagnant water. They can adjust the atmosphere at any rate, but no one takes it seriously.
  However, what everyone didn't expect was that just a few days later, the first two reinforcements fell into the midst of a fall, and the thunderbolt that the entire army was wiped out came into the capital.
  The quarreling people were silent at the moment, and there was silence in the center.
  Xiao Ding's face was pale, and for the first time he felt that this dragon-carved throne was like a red iron plate, and it was so uncomfortable to sit up.
  Repeated and repeated head-on attacks caught him off guard, and for the first time, he realized that once a situation had formed, it was so difficult to change it. The breeze starts at the end of Pingmo, and if you try to turn the tide in the wind, it will only be drawn into the whirlpool and become that tiny involuntary duckweed.
  Xiao Ding almost immediately stamped his seal on the prepared edict. Before, he hesitated and couldn't tell whether this order would harm him in the end, but nowadays, he has no choice.
  The contents of the edict shocked the courtiers, but they were speechless-Xiao Ding appointed Chen Zeming as the commander of the palace chief, commonly known as "the palace commander", to command the palace and immediately defend the city.

  The official uniform of Yin Shou was sent directly to the Chen Mansion because of the urgent time.
  The one who went to preach the decree was an important official of the Xi government.
  However, what surprised the imperial envoy was that after a long period of silence, Chen Zeming had no more words. His complexion was iron, and he seemed to have no joy, and he received the black scroll brocade after kowtowing to the emperor in a courteous manner.
  The imaginary cynicism and evasiveness or gratitude, these words did not appear, and this made the adult's prepared consolation to no avail. After Chen Zeming let him into the main hall, called for tea, and after saying congratulations and humility to each other, Master Yushi went back to the palace somewhat disappointed.
  Chen Zeming had people prepare horses, put on official uniforms, and prepare to enter the palace to give thanks. Halfway through the clothes, she felt stunned. Looking back, Qingqing stood not far behind and stared at him silently, her brows gloomy.
  Chen Zeming whispered: "What's the matter?"
  Qingqing hesitated: "...Hurray, why... Suddenly I want to reuse the master again?"
  Chen Zeming recalled the memorial he saw when he entered the palace that day. At that time, he already felt that Xiao Ding was suggesting something, but after waiting for a whole day, he was waiting for the news that someone else had been appointed. At that time, he thought he was sick for a long time, confused, or too eager. So that it is not clear about the situation.
  However, to this day, this unexpected decree has come after all. Although the process was repeated, it came to the end.
  He buckled the jade belt and said vaguely: "The country is in danger, and whoever does it is not." After speaking, he put on his official hat and walked out to the door, but was pulled by Qingqing's sleeves.
  Chen Zeming slowly turned around and held Qingqing's hand. His hands are full of cocoons because of martial arts training, and being held by such a hand will not feel comfortable, but he will feel at ease. These two palms are calm and generous, just like he is worth relying on.
  Qingqing's fingers gradually loosened. Chen Zeming's illness is certainly an old one, but it is also heart disease, otherwise, you can't explain why he can go down to the ground so quickly and walk as usual. Chen Zeming seemed to wake up suddenly after that night, and he waited for the stubbornness of this appointment to become the backbone for him to stand up again. How could she stop him?
  Chen Zeming just smiled and said softly: "You have a body, rest at home."
  Qingqing was unwilling, tears oozing from her eyes: "The Sacred Heart is unpredictable. Long live an idea a day, no one knows him. What will I do next, in case, in case..." She wanted to say that after retreating from the enemy, the emperor would have a bird to make a good bow, but watching Chen Zeming staring into her own eyes, she suddenly felt guilty and did not dare to go any further. Say.
  Chen Zeming heard her off-string sound earlier and gently squeezed her hand. After a moment of silence, he finally sighed, then smiled at her, and said in a low voice but firmly: "I only know that if the city is broken at this time, all hope is gone. All people... Butcher! Including you and me."
  Qingqing couldn't say a word anymore, staring at him as he turned and left.

  After entering the palace and arriving at Chongwen Hall, Chen Zeming finally saw Xiao Ding who was totally unhappy.
  And this was the first time the two met in a real sense after the Chaohuamen Incident.

The author has something to say: 

To reiterate, adults who have reprinted it, please remember to replace the old chapters 13 and 14 of the third book, that is, the first two chapters, otherwise the continuity of the story will be problematic. I have seen everyone's replies. I just hope that I can do better now to return everyone's expectations for waiting so long~~ I will try my best, thank you ^_^