Chapter 100

19. Xiao Ding has also personally visited the battlefield.
  In the battle of Qilin Mountain, he and the god of death also passed by, and for so many years in power, the life debts under his hands are countless. As an emperor, he is used to seeing corpses and bleeding. But at this moment, when he stood behind the tall battlements in the capital and saw everything under the setting sun, he was shocked by the scene in front of him.
  The bodies under the city wall are layered on top of each other, covering the mountains and plains, covering the loess on the ground, quietly stretching to the end of the line of sight. The setting sun in the distance was like blood, and the messy arrows in the pile of corpses pointed angrily at the sky. It was the immortal soul of the soldiers.
  Only by looking closely can I vaguely distinguish what lies beneath those flesh and blood, which are people who were once alive.
  They were frozen at the moment before death, their postures were various, and the last actions they ever wanted to accomplish were not all the same. They were angry, sad, or frightened, no matter which kind, the kind of birth. The breath has been obliterated, and stiffness has become their common feature. And when these details are recognized one by one, fear also follows. This is a living death, which descends on the world in a mad and unresistible posture.
  Outside the wall is hell, life and death are only a thin line.
  You are not immune.
  Xiao Ding couldn't help taking a half step back.
  Behind him, the officials heard the news, and they were all blocked by Lu Congyun and others several meters away, and they knelt under the black pressure.
  Xiao Ding turned around and saw a person hurriedly running behind the crowd. Lu Congyun made an exception and turned sideways and did not stop that person. Xiao Ding settled down, only to see that the man was Chen Zeming.

  Chen Zeming had already put on his helmet at this moment, and when he walked a few steps in front of Xiao Ding, he knelt down.
  Xiao Ding stared blankly at the bloodstains on the opponent's face. The blood on the corpses still remained in his eyes. The two had the same color, and they came from the same place. Only then did Xiao Ding realize what kind of situation this person has to face these days when he should go to the palace to see himself.
  That is walking with death.
  Chen Zeming spoke a few words.
  The roar in Xiao Ding's ears was unexpected. He glanced back, turned his head, and looked out. On the hillside in the distance, the row of black tents could not be seen to the end. It was the enemy camp. Strangely, he actually felt that this scene was a bit familiar.
  At that time, there was such a continuous enemy camp under the mountain, and he was also afraid of it at that time.
  Even the king of the world would feel decadent and frustrated in the face of his irreversible defeat, but at that time someone brought his troops to rescue him. Can this person do it now?
  Xiao Ding turned his head, and Chen Zeming was silent because of his silence.
  Behind the coach, many generals were kneeling down, and then the soldiers, some of them were still wearing a blood-stained white cloth belt on their arms, and the cloth heads were constantly fluttering in the evening breeze.
  There was silence on Ming Mingya's tower on her shoulders.

  Duguhang is responsible for guarding the southeast gate during the day.
  The two armies are now in a stalemate, and the Huns' offensive has long been worse than the initial bitterness. However, he still lost dozens of brothers in one day and night. As the offensive and defensive time gets longer, the number of soldiers under him has dropped sharply, and the corresponding pressure on defending the city has also increased.
  Duguhang knew that the situation everywhere was roughly the same, so he was unwilling to call Chen Zeming to complain as often as some people did. The forces in Beijing were originally limited, so what can Chen Zeming do even as the commander of the palace. I heard that North Korea and China are conscripting urgently, or that the situation will be relieved in a few days, but even if the recruits come and are in a hurry, the effect they will be able to play for a while may be limited. Duguhang hopes that he can hold on for a longer time with his existing forces and become the place that Chen Zeming needs to worry about the least. This is the only thing he can do for Chen Zeming at this moment, although he is eager to do more.
  However, he will inevitably panic. Perhaps one day soon, it will be difficult for the soldiers in his hand to defend this mile-long jurisdiction. He vaguely felt that this nightmare was not so far away from him.

  After a sullen sleep, Du Guhang recovered some vitality from the deep exhaustion of sleepless day and night, got up and walked around, and heard a news that surprised him-the emperor's imperial driver had come in person.
  When he rushed to the front of the meeting camp, he was just in time for Duan Qiyi to come out of it. Duguhang's grade was lower than Duan Qiyi's, and he quickly gave up his hand and called General Duan.
  Duan Qiyi glanced at him and passed him blankly.
  Duguhang was stunned outside the door, watching Duan Qiyi walking away, feeling puzzled in his heart, Lu greeted him from the inside. Seeing him coming, Lu Congyun Daozhong had already dispersed at this moment. Only the Commander and Long live in the camp were talking secretly. If there is no emergency military situation, do not enter.
  Duguhang leaned a probe behind him, and as expected, the door was closed from the inside.

  The two walked a few steps outside, Lu Congyun smiled and said, "How is Dugu General sleeping?"
  Dugu's flight surface was red, but no one on the road team woke him up.
  Lu Congyun said: "This is exactly what Long live means. Long live micro-services visited the city, feeling that the soldiers guarded the city hard, and none of the generals who went into battle last night sent anyone to notify." He stopped and saw that Duguhang was still there. He left and said: "Hang live has ordered the reward of the three armies. Tonight in the camp, the general will eat it."
  Du Guhang thought about Duan Qiyi's behavior and always felt that something was wrong. He is about the same age as Lu Congyun, and it is inevitable to get closer psychologically. Lu Congyun has a degree of advancing and retreating and has always treated people with courtesy. A fan couldn't help asking: "What's the matter with General Duan?"
  Lu Congyun was surprised.
  Seeing that he was like this, Duguhang, Xindao, or Duan Qiyi came for me personally and had nothing to do with adults, so he quickly covered the matter with a few vague words.
  The two exchanged a few more words, Duguhang said goodbye and turned around, walking on the road, when someone came along the road carrying a food box, fragrance all the way.
  Duguhang turned sideways to give way. Looking back, he saw that the man walked to the door, had a few words with Lu Congyun, and then entered the discussion camp.
  As the door opened, the room suddenly lit up, and the room was brightly lit. Chen Zeming and Xiao Ding sat opposite each other.
  The man crossed the threshold with his robe, and the door was closed again.
  Duguhang stood in the dark again, standing silent for a while, Lu Congyun saw it, waved to him, and Duguhang woke up and left slowly.

  And in the room, following the attendant's entry, the smell of medicine filled the room suddenly. Chen Zeming showed a surprised look.
  The waiter opened the food box and handed the bowl to Xiao Ding respectfully. Xiao Ding said, "This is Aiqing's medicine. Aiqing has no time to drink it. It has been cold, but now it's hot." He took the spoon and blew it gently.
  During the period, Chen Zeming had been staring at Xiao Ding's actions. At the moment before Xiao Ding raised his eyes, he finally showed a moved expression. He got up and knelt down, and took the bowl of medicine from the emperor with his hands over his head.
  Alternately, the hands of the two touched slightly, and they didn't seem to notice each other.
  Chen Zeming put the medicine in front of him, kowtowed his head to thank you, returned to the seat with the bowl, and drank it with his head up. After drinking, the waiter took the bowl, and Chen Zeming said: "The minister is terrified, but for the sinful body, how can you get these many gifts, and please long live to take back the sword." But it was Xiao Ding on the wall, feeling in his heart, there was nothing left for a while. Zi took his own saber and rewarded it to him in public. The emperor's personal things are used to reward people, and everyone knows it with the heart of reliance.
  Xiao Ding disagrees: "Ai Qing and the soldiers protect the country, no matter how much reward."
  Chen Zeming looked ashamed: "The minister is powerless to return to heaven, and the battle is now just a stalemate. The word "protecting the country " is well deserved. "
  Xiao Ding stared at him for a moment: "The disparity in military strength is so great, stalemate is already a big victory... But I came here to ask Aiqing, besides sticking to it, is there another way to go?"
  Chen Zeming was startled. Seeing that Xiao Ding looked solemn, he hesitated for a moment without answering.
  Xiao Ding's heart jumped wildly. He came to the barracks now, really hoping that things can turn around now, otherwise the food will run out, and things are really going to desperation step by step.
  After a while, Chen Zeming got up and knelt down, "There is no other way but to hold on."
  Xiao Ding's expression changed, and Chen Zeming looked up with a determined expression, "The Huns have been invading for a long time, and now they are in a dilemma. Sometimes war depends on change, and more often it depends on perseverance. When you get the opportunity... Your Majesty asks your Majesty to allocate enough rations to the soldiers."
  Xiao Ding
  fixedly looked at him, "Do you know what's going on?" Chen Zeming said, "... Your majesty, this is because the city is starting to lack food. . the "
  Xiao gave silently watching him," Ai Qing ...... how to think? "
  Chen Zeming was silent for a moment, calm, and said:" two evils choose the light, "he said this did not look much struggling with dew, it seems to be. I have already figured out the answer.
  Hearing the words, Xiao Ding couldn't help but carefully look at him for a long while, a trace of surprise appeared in his eyes, and finally, he didn't say a word.

 The author has something to say:
Thank you all for replying to this post. Recently, I have been busy with my family affairs and rushed out in a hurry. I have no time to make changes. Let's take a look.