Chapter 119

38. Xiao Ding did not immediately deal with the prince.
  In accordance with Chen Zeming's last semi-enclosed memorial, he dispatched personnel to survey the terrain, set up three towns at the border, and stationed heavily guarded.
  The black-clothed brigade slowly rebuilt at this moment, once again achieving its prestige.
  In the subsequent battles with the Huns, famous generals appeared in this black armored legion. They are like the stars in the night sky, and they will be famous in different years afterward. Among them were Lu Congyun, who had personally guarded Chen Zeming, Jiang Zhongzhen, who was repatriated after being captured by the enemy in the defeat of Xuanhua Mansion, and even Duan Qiyi, who had been extremely disagreeable with Chen Zeming and had a very stiff quarrel. These people may have their own camps, and they are not all friends with each other, and they may not even have good intentions with each other, but together they have forged the glory of this black brigade and made the barbarians who dare to attack. Frightened for it, he maintained this peace built on the lives of hundreds of thousands of people for 20 years.

  However, for Xiao Ding at this moment, those are still unforeseen futures.
  This is not the thing that bothers him right now.
  Ten days later, Xiao Ding found an excuse to take the royal room and re-promote Cao Chenyu, who had previously spoken for Chen Zeming and was dismissed, to be the superintendent and superintendent of the eunuch.
  When being dragged down, the royal chamber continued to call for grievances.
  All this was seen by the imperial physician Meng Weixian, who was often in the palace, but he didn't understand why the royal loyalty used by the king ended up in this end. He was too young to figure out what the king was thinking.
  One day, Xiao Ding mentioned this when talking to him, and asked him with a smile: "You wonder why I use the king's room?"
  Meng Weixian dared not answer.
  Xiao Ding looked at him and said: "The prince has been investigating this rumor for such a long time. There have been many opportunities before. If there is a change that should have happened, why wait until today. The Wang Xiang knew this, but he still came to report it to me. How sinister is the intention to instigate the relationship between the emperor and the prince? This man seems to be loyal but not a good person. He will do whatever he can to gain favor, and it will be a big problem to keep him by his side. In comparison, Cao Chenyu's godson had been helped by Chen Zeming, and he was Chen Zeming speaks, but he can still be called a man of affection."

  King Jing quickly got the news, knowing that he had accidentally walked through life and death, thinking that he couldn't help being covered in a cold sweat, and immediately rushed into the palace to plead guilty.
  Xiao Ding looked carefully at his son.
  King Jing was even more apprehensive and could not afford to fall to the ground.
  Xiao Ding suddenly felt a little heartache. The son in front of him was only a fifteen-year-old boy, and the city was so deep, even for his father.
  He recalled that when he was fifteen years old, he was still making trouble in the harem about Yang Liang's affairs, or this was the wave behind the Yangtze River pushing the wave forward.
  The purpose of Xiao Ding's winning of the royal chamber was to tell King Jing that I already knew about this, and I also took down the informant. My ability can still hold you back, but I choose to trust you. Jing Wang's answer was equally obscure. Although he had tracked down these things, he already knew what was wrong.
  This thing just put it down.
  At this moment, although the father and son hadn't made it clear yet, both of them had understood each other's meaning.
  Xiao Ding felt very tired. He had engaged in these intrigues all his life, and in the end he wanted to do this with his son.

  Before King Jing left, he stopped him, and finally couldn't help asking: "...Do you...hate your father in your heart?"
  This was the most straightforward sentence in this conversation.
  King Jing was visibly stunned. He stood in the hall for a long while silent before whispering: "Father...The son doesn't remember the appearance of his mother anymore. The son just wants to...if...if you can meet again, then How wonderful..."
  Xiao Ding sank in his heart.
  King Jing did not live up to his father's straightforwardness, and he also answered Xiao Ding's words earnestly.
  If the king does not say hate, nor does it say no hate, then it is still hate. He killed his mother. It is impossible for King King to have no grudges, or King King would not do anything throughout his life, but he was blaming him.
  ...He will blame him for the rest of his life.
  His son will blame his father all his life.
  He suddenly waved his hand to let Jing Wang go down. Jing Wang looked at his father and seemed to want to say something. Xiao Ding waited, but Jing Wang turned back and left.
  The hall suddenly became quiet.
  Xiao Ding quietly leaned in the dragon chair, feeling exhausted.
  He suddenly thought of Chen Zeming, of his own absurd thoughts, those thoughts that made him expect to be awake at night.
  At this moment, he finally believed, believing that Chen Zeming was dead, died on the battlefield, died there. I have been merciless to others all my life, so how could the gods be merciful to me.

  Xiao Ding returned to Jinghua Palace with someone.
  He had never been to this abandoned palace since it was restored, and there was no one to clean it. The fallen leaves on the ground were a bit rotted, and stepping on it was like stepping in mud-soaked in water.
  After the door of the palace was opened, the tables and chairs inside were still placed as before.
  He remembered that he had drinks with Chen Zeming many times here. Chen Zeming is really a strange person, why should he be so close to a prisoner.
  He turned his head and looked at the two palace gates, and he also remembered the appearance of Yang Ruqin leading the soldiers stepping in.
  Cao Chenyu hurriedly called for someone to clean, while Xiao Ding stood in the yard, watching everyone busy. He has stood here many times, and although he was imprisoned at that time, he was never discouraged.

  Drum music came faintly in his ears, and he listened indifferently, but the music that Chen Zeming played with chopsticks that night gradually appeared in his heart. Thrilling, every blow seemed to hit him directly.
  Suddenly, Xiao Ding woke up.
  He listened attentively, this was not an illusion, and it was clearly the tune that Chen Zeming had struck in his ears, and someone was playing it.
  He stepped out of the palace gate in surprise, looking left and right, the sonorous percussive sound became more distinct because of the constant reverberation between the palace walls.
  Behind him, Cao Chenyu chased him out, and the sound of yelling long live repeatedly made him feel bored.
  Xiao Ding stopped abruptly, turned around, and said angrily: "Shut up!"
  Cao Chenyu was so scared that he shut up immediately. Xiao Ding raised his head, the rhythm was still circling above him, and it never disappeared. Xiao Ding listened in disbelief for a while, and couldn't help chasing away.
  Xiao Ding slowed down until the drums became louder and heavier, and gradually approached.
  He had already distinguished that the voice came from the Palace Music House, which was not a conjecture that he thought.
  The percussion was the sound of drums, and it was a big drum. The partition wall sounded deafening, majestic, and majestic. It's not at all the dream and fantasy that I thought before.
  This is too real, so real that he was a little frightened.

  The door seemed so important that Xiao Ding could not open it.
  He stood outside the door, clasped his hand on the knocker, but tightly grasped the gilt copper ring, lest he makes any noise. The sound of the drum inside has passed its climax, it seems that the water flow is gradually slowing down, and then suddenly rushing up, like a knife and broken wire, it suddenly becomes silent at the most intense place.
  Xiao Ding was stunned when the door suddenly opened.
  The oncoming people saw Xiao Ding's dress clearly, got a shock, and immediately knelt down and even claimed guilt.
  Suddenly, Xiao Ding looked in the door. Seeing a big drum in the middle of the field, the man hitting in front of the drum was naked and sweaty. He was handing the drumsticks to one place and bowed his head towards him.
  The man was strange in appearance and had never seen him before.
  Xiao Ding was full of excitement and stepped into the air. There was a blank in his mind for a moment, and he couldn't hear anything. After a while, he woke up before hearing the righteous words of the person in front of him: "...This is the crown prince to welcome General Lu's victory. The dance music used for the banquet is being practiced hard by the ministers..."
  He looked carefully and found that this was an official of Yuefu, who had also seen him before, but at this time he couldn't figure out his name anyway. After a loss for a moment, Xiao fixed whispered: "This is ...... What's that sound?"
  The officer said: "It would have been used to deter enemy sounding of military music, as people new prince deliberately changed, Minghuan" General "."

The author has something to say: 

the last chapter tomorrow~