Chapter 107

26. At this moment, Lu Yan returns to his heart like an arrow.
  The passing of Shan Yu shows that the conflict between him and the king of Zuo Xian, who is the crown prince, has finally come to a showdown.
  At the moment, King Zuoxian of the Huns is Antu, the second son of Da Shanyu. This person has a careful mind and outstanding civil and military skills. It is said that he is the best candidate to succeed in the throne.
  Lu Yan, who has been fighting for a lifetime, is getting older, and his health is beginning to be poor, but his ambition is not exhausted. In his opinion, it is the meat that the Xiongnu will eat in his mouth sooner or later.
  The so-called Han people are cattle and sheep temporarily grazing in the Great Wall. Cows and sheep should be used for enslavement, but not for respecting the Tao as a teacher.
  The dignified Huns were born on the grassland and grew up on horseback. The sky above their heads is the sky above their heads. They can't stop the journey. They are not easy to learn, but they prefer to learn from those southerners. Are those wide-sleeved robes good? Are they better than the bows and arrows of the Xiongnu men?
  In Lu Yan's view, Antu's restless rebellion is very eye-catching.
  If this rebellion was only against him or some other specific person, then he would just laugh it off.
  Unfortunately, he can't.

  Lu Yan finally chose Shan Yu's eldest son As, Antu's eldest brother.
  As the eldest son, Asi has been unable to compete with his younger brother Antu. From the outside to the inside, this person looks like the purest descendant of the Huns. He is bloodthirsty and brave, bold and rugged, and is a fierce general on the battlefield, but he is not as good as Antu in means.
  It wasn't until the joining of Lu Yan changed this situation.
  Ordinarily, Lu Yan shouldn't be involved in this kind of thing, but he stepped in. He thought that what the Huns needed was an ambitious leader, and this ambition should be expressed in the love of conquest, not the surrender to culture.
  Political opinion always determines the lineup, even on the prairie.
  Crown Prince Antu finds that he is being restrained everywhere. He thought of asking his father for help, but Da Shanyu always turned a blind eye to this kind of factional dispute.
  No one can tell Da Shanyu's mind. Either he was also dissatisfied with Antu's pro-Han tendency, so he condoned the behavior of his younger brother and his eldest son, or he felt that Lu Yan and others could restrain Antu's power from being too strong and outdone. The mentality of rulers is always complicated. Their criterion is not the morality of justice and evil, nor the affection between father and son. In short, this stalemate situation has been maintained.
  Now that the deadlock has been broken, Lu Yan must rush back as soon as possible to fight for the chaos.

  To be honest, Lu Yan is not worried that the Han will be chasing at this time.
  By the time he retired, the combat power he had invested in this battle had reached 700,000, and there were countless grains and grass. It can be said that he has done his best. However, most of these 700,000 people have lost more than half of them. As a result, the national power has been greatly damaged. Both the economy and the politics have been in a precarious state. It can be said that the blow that the Huns gave to the Hu in this battle was fatal. of.
  The Huns suffered less than 30% of casualties.
  Such a result made Lu Yan proud, so he retired very quickly. He knew that his vitality was severely damaged. Even if he could not capture the Han capital, this was a big victory that preserved his strength. What's more, only the soldiers and horses of the court of the Youxian of the Huns were dispatched. Although it is well known that the soldiers and horses of the court of the Youxian are the most refined.
  But what is left of the Han people?
  The so-called King Qin army brought by King Jing is already the last blood of the Southerners.
  So Lu Yan was relieved.
  One party has run out of energy, but the other party has just warmed up and even has a reserve. Under normal circumstances, no one would be crazy enough to take the final capital to bet on this low chance of winning a bet.
  However, behind him, Chen Zeming followed silently.

  In the later history books, this battle was called "turning things around".
  Judging from the recorded dialogue, the motive for the attack at this moment seems to be merely an intentional attempt to defeat the forces under Lu Yan's command. It is precisely because of this that Chen Zeming's current battle was accused by many later generations of literati as "a childlike act of recklessness."
  But no one can deny that it was precisely because of the changes triggered by this war that peace was created for more than a decade.
  As a result, when Chen Zeming and Xiao Ding, who were the instigators, made the decision to pursue the matter, no one knew whether they had anticipated the subsequent changes in the situation. One can only say that if any of these two people had such a foreseeability, then the four words "turn the tide" are not a myth at some point.
  All in all, in the official history of official recognition, there is no single word of positive mention of this issue. Whether it was coincidence or manpower that caused this battle to have a dramatic reversal in the final stage, no one can make a conclusion.
  The reason for this has finally become a mystery over the years.

  But contrary to the vague motives it showed, the subtle tactics shown in this battle have been recognized by almost everyone. That kind of interlocking ingenuity can be called the perfection. The process of this battle has been compiled into storytelling or romance by artists and has been widely passed down, and has been fascinated by people for hundreds of years. Ledao.

  It is said that Chen Zeming led five thousand people to catch up with the Huns who were also marching on the road after two days of day and night.
  When night fell, the five thousand Han troops tied their horses and circled the hillside behind the Huns barracks. In the darkness, Chen Zeming ordered all the soldiers to break down the branches and bind them into torches. Each rider held a torch in both hands and galloped down the hillside.
  The Huns had already fallen asleep and were suddenly startled by a surprise attack, but their eyes were all running horses of the enemy, the torches were like stars, and they couldn't tell how many people came, and they couldn't help but panic.
  This unexpected sneak attack almost ended at dawn.
  When the assailants retreated, they left thousands of corpses for the Xiongnu camp. Among them, some were trampled to death by horses, and some were hacked to death before they had time to draw a knife. In this way, on the way to retreat, the Huns suffered their biggest defeat since their invasion. After the chasing troops returned, they told Lu Yan that these proud men on the grassland had chased the sneak attacker. Lu Yan was furious and lashed the chasing general twenty times on the spot.
  What happened here is not enough to change anything.
  Lu Yan knew that the number of Han cavalry was not much, and it should be worn out at this moment. It is impossible for the main force to come. As a result, 20,000 troops were separated and the remaining troops were ordered to move forward without changing their routes.
  Unexpectedly, Chen Zeming knew everything about him, and he led the crowd to bypass the back of the palace, and directly attacked the main Huns again.

  At this point, Lu Yan suddenly realized that his strong mobility, his best advantage, had now become a feature of the enemy.
  On the way back to the royal court, the cavalry unit led by Chen Zeming has become a tiresome locust. It will appear behind itself when it does not move. If you ignore it, it will cause You to have no peace all day long, and when you turn your head and plan to deal with it seriously, it immediately disappears without a trace.
  What made Lu Yan even more shocked was that this group of people seemed to be tireless. They appeared at any time and place he did not expect, and the timing was surprisingly precise.

  In this repeated entanglement, time passed mercilessly.
  Obviously, it was only three days' journey, but the Huns took six days. Lu Yan began to run out of patience. After finally meeting with the troops behind the palace, he made up his mind to kill Chen Zeming and others in one fell swoop before a large number of reinforcements arrived, even if it was a sledgehammer.
  However, Lu Yan did not stop the journey. His reason was that Chen Zeming was meant to hold him back, and it was impossible to find this person deliberately, and you had to let him appear by himself.
  Sure enough, two days later, the sneak attack reappeared, and this time Lu Yan had been prepared.
  After the two armies touched, Chen Zeming quickly realized this and immediately retreated.
  The chasing game of running horses lasted for several hours until Chen Zeming and his group were forced to the bottom of a hillside called Zhuomashan.
  At this time, Chen Zeming's cavalry had already been dispersed, leaving nearly a hundred cavalry close to him. When the cavalry arrives in the mountains, it means that there is no room for display, which means that Chen Zeming and others have nowhere to escape. Lu Yan was overjoyed by the news and instructed everyone to try their best to capture this person alive.
  But Chen Zeming's next move made everyone stunned.
  He ordered his subordinates to remove the saddle, take off the bridle, and rest on the spot.
  In front of tens of thousands of troops, hundreds of enemy troops on the slope were sitting or lying down, very comfortable, as if this place was most suitable for grazing in such Nanshan Mountains.

  The Huns looked at each other but did not dare to step forward. While watching and watching, they immediately sent someone to tell Lu Yan that there might be an ambush here.
  Lu Yan came to the front of the formation, looked at it from a distance, and laughed and said, isn't this Li Guang's emptiness trick? Could it be that he deceived the people waiting for me not to study? The reason why Lu Yan was so sure was that he could not catch up with Chen Zeming in such a short period of time even if there were reinforcements behind him. As for the number of Chen Zeming's personnel, after several confrontations, he had already figured it out clearly.
  Even so, Lu Yan was still cautious. He instructed the right-wing to step forward and hunt down the enemy, but the army did not move.
  Seeing the Huns chased up, the Han soldiers on the slope immediately became confused.
  They jumped up and put on their saddles, and some of them were so close that they even abandoned their horses and fled on foot. The Huns laughed as they watched from a distance. When Chen Zeming and others rushed to the top of the mountain, the chasing soldiers almost followed.

  At this time, I suddenly heard a rumbling sound from the top of the mountain, and the ground shook under my feet.
  Everyone looked up in surprise. But I saw countless rolling logs and rocks pouring down from the mountain, straight down toward the chasing soldiers. The Xiongnu cavalry was so horrified that they turned their heads immediately, but there was no time for them. The wood and stone are huge, just a little rub is broken hands and feet, not to mention how bloody the past is.
  When Lu Yan heard the screams of the soldiers on the mountain, his face changed instantly, and he immediately stood up from his horse, shouting back.

  Almost at the same time as the sound of Mingjin sounded, the defeated army chased by the rolling wood had swept in like a backflowing river and slammed into the army.
  The originally orderly team was disrupted in an instant. Lu Yan hurriedly went around shouting, and the generals of the army joined together, and it was still possible to regroup into the army.
  However, without waiting for him to smile, he slammed into an army from the back of the formation, galloped around, slashing at all, completely disrupting the chaotic army.
  That was the cavalry regiment that Chen Zeming pretended to disperse when he retreated. They disappeared like ghosts and returned like ghosts.
  Lu Yan gritted his teeth with bitterness, and suddenly heard the loud voice behind him.
  Lu Yan turned his head back stiffly, the flags swaying all over the mountains on the top of Xiaoma Mountain, the deafening drums roared, countless ambushes rushed out of the mountains and swooped down the mountain.
  Under the sun, the cold light of those swords, spears, swords, and halberds kept jumping, like the waves of the water in the wind.
  In front of him, the people and horses were rushing to each other, like a turbulent current.

  The Huns collapsed in this service.
  Lu Yan's previous victories were wiped out completely. But the brutal killing of the Hans by the Huns a few months ago is now reversed like a mirror image, with splashes of blood covering the sky.
  In the end, only Lu Yan and his son Wu Zile took a team of troops and a few will escape to the sky, and the fierce general Yehe, who had followed him for more than a decade, also lost his life at the time of the breakout. Lu Yan was frightened and angry and caused the old illness, and the chasing soldiers on the way to escape caused his condition to deteriorate quickly.
  In the end, there were only 10,000 soldiers and soldiers who returned to their homeland. When they crossed the border between the two countries, Lu Yanfrequency called to stop.
  At this moment, he was unable to support his body, so he could only get out of the car with the help of Wu Zile, looking at the grassland where he had galloped thousands of times, thinking about the hundred thousand good sons who had followed him for many years but died out, and Lu Yan cried loudly. He heard three times, laughed three times, and finally died of coughing up blood.

  In this battle, Chen Zeming's use of troops such as ghosts and gods and the rapid march of the king under the command of King Jing have become fragments of narratives in the history books, and Chen Zeming's anti-empty city plan defeated the first general of the Xiongnu who held himself for many battles in one fell swoop. Lu Yan.
  Lu Yan never dreamed that after many years, he would still be defeated by Chen Zeming's trick to lure soldiers.
  Recalling the first confrontation between the two of them that year, that battle seemed to be a prophecy. In the years when the two were still flourishing, he had already announced his destined future.

The author has something to say:
Thank you for your reply~~ I will post Sanfu Tie later