one

7 years ago

music loud, hair messy, vision blurred, hands held, lips kissed, alcohol drunk, tension tight.

fifteen, seventeen, fake i.d, older friends, underaged drinking and rebelion. jaehyun held his best friend's hand as he pulled him through crowds of people in the bar they'd found in a backstreet downtown.

"are you boys okay?!" an older guy shouted at the two, standing infront of taeyong who stood up straight with a bow and a smile, followed by a nod, "y'sure?! you look lost!"

they couldnt hear much, but the older boy just smiled, nodding again, then scooching around the man quickly. jaehyun's eyes widened as he was pulled into the bathroom.

the lights were so bright for the fifteen year old boy. he was surprised he could even get into this place. he didnt think his facial features could let him get away with being that old.

taeyong laughed, throwing his arms over the younger boy, "man, i love the adrenaline!" he shouted over the music that was blurting through the walls, "want anything to drink?! i'll get johnny to get it for us!"

jaehyun shook his head, smiling at his best friend, but the smile slowly faded as he walked to a window, staring out at the skyline in the distance. taeyong stumbled over, worried.

taeyong was drunk. he'd been drinking beforehand at johnny's place, as the two were closer in age. but jaehyun was completely sober.

"are you okay?!" taeyong yelled. the music wasn't as loud as he thought, but he was still yelling. jaehyun frowned at the boy, placing a finger over his lips, "huh?! i was just asking!"

"taeyong, we shouldnt be doing this," jaehyun sighed, knowing the latter wouldn't understand, but he said it anyways, "can we go someplace else? i dont care where, just not here-"

taeyong tilted his head, holding the boy's neck gently, holding him close for comfort, but also so they could hear eachother, "what?! we just got here!"

"i know- but- i dont feel good, taeyong-"

"nooo~! you gotta stay, c'mon, we'll go get you a drink!" the older giggled, grabbing jaehyun's hand again, but with more force.

jaehyun's head felt light, as he entered the busy club area. lights blinded him, as taeyong skipped over to the bar where johnny was stood.

jaehyun was irritated, but he held it in. he watched as taeyong whispered in johnny's ear, and how the older held his waist lightly. he raised his eyebrow, but shook it off.

"i've got you a drink," taeyong announced as he pushed away from johnny, who was holding him close, "dont worry about johnny. he isnt being weird. he's just protective!"

jaehyun nodded slowly, before looking around for an exit subtly, "taeyong- i uh- i dont wanna drink anything-"

"oh come on, you're no fun!"

jaehyun laughed awkwardly, looking down at his hands, "let johnny have it, i dont feel like it-"

taeyong shook his head, throwing his arms over the boy's shoulder, lifting his head up gently, "shh~ it's nice! you'll like it, c'mon!"

jaehyun whined as taeyong pulled him closer to the bar again, placing the glass against his lips.

jaehyun was stubborn, he shook his head quickly, not opening his mouth. holding taeyong's hand to push it away, he gave the boy a stern, serious look.

"go on. i wont force you then!" taeyong smiled with a giggle.

jaehyun sighed, placing the drink down and leaving it for a moment, as taeyong danced around johnny happily.

"jaehyunnie~" he smiled, picking the glass up again and tempting the latter with it. jaehyun was clearly unimpressed, but taeyong was too drunk to realise, "dont waste it!"

"you can drink it."

taeyong pouted, stroking jaehyun's hair. jaehyun became more calm at this physical touch, but realised it was only so taeyong could convince him to drink, "jae..."

"taeyong no."

"please~" taeyong whined childishly, putting his hands on the boy's shoulders and shaking him.

"get the fuck of me-" jaehyun snapped, pushing the boy away. the music, alcohol and the lights were already too much sensory-wise for him, and taeyong was starting to piss him off.

taeyong gasped looking at the boy, upset.

"what?! i'd told you no, and you wouldn't take it for an answer," jaehyun shouted over the music that felt like it was getting louder and louder by the minute, "you're being a real asshole, tae."

taeyong retaliated with a sharp slap to the boy's cheek, making people around them gasp.

jaehyun felt his eyes well up, as his cheek began to burn. he gasped, holding eye contact with his best friend for a moment, before shaking his head in disbelief. he stood up quickly, running out the back door of the club.

"taeyong?! what was that about?" johnny asked.

"he had it coming."