twentyeight

jaehyun, still not being big into drinking, sat on the couch with a small cup of whatever taeyong had conjured up for him from ten's kitchen. dont get him wrong, it was nice, but he really didnt enjoy alcohol as much as the other boys.

which is why he sat with a drunk, giggly sicheng laid in his arms, as his boyfriend sat next to him, playing with his hair. jaehyun was happy. he was laughing, communicating, enjoying the night. he didnt care that everyone else was a little drunk, especially taeyong and ten.

it was quite entertaining to see those two jumping around like puppies, with johnny attempting to calm them down.

"jaehyunie! want anything else to drink?!" taeyong yelled from the kitchen, making everyone laugh.

"why just me-" jaehyun said quietly to everyone in the room with a chuckle, "nah, i'm good!" he yelled back.

"come on~" taeyong giggled.

jaehyun felt his heart drop, but he shook it off. that felt awfully similar, but he knew taeyong didnt mean it like that.

"taeyong." johnny raised his voice slightly, warning the boy with a stern tone. he knew.

jaehyun saw johnny look towards him in the corner of his eye, so he turned his head.

johnny gave him a weak, apologetic smile, as if they could communicate through expressions.

johnny had always acted like an older brother to taeyong. jaehyun had noticed this, even when they were much younger. they were friends because their parents had connections with eachother, and they had spent the most of their lives together.

he knew that if taeyong was to do something wrong, johnny wouldn't back him up. he knew that johnny wanted taeyong to be the best version of himself, but wasn't going to let him get away with things he shouldnt.

jaehyun knew johnny cared about him too.

"sorry~" taeyong mumbled.

jaehyun couldn't tell if he'd realised what he'd done wrong, or he was just too drunk to care. either way, it reduced his anxiety levels, as the boy came back into the room with a can of coca cola and a curly straw.

"it's just coke?" johnny asked, as taeyong sat next to jaehyun, carefully placing sicheng's legs onto his lap.

taeyong rolled his eyes with a nod, "listen, i might be drunk but i'm not an asshole. 'got you a coke."

jaehyun laughed as taeyong passed him the drink, leaning on his shoulder, "do i have to use the curly straw?"

"yep, sorry," taeyong laughed, as everyone continued watching tv and laughing with eachother. he sighed, lowering his voice, "i promise it's just cola, i dont want you to like- not trust me- i know it seems sketchy-"

"tae, i trust you," jaehyun laughed, placing his hand on the boy's knee, watching as he tensed, "i think you've drunk a little too much."

taeyong's eyed welled up, as he stared up at jaehyun. his pupils were dilated and wide, making jaehyun chuckle, but become concerned at the tears, "no~"

with a smile, jaehyun wiped the boy's eyes, "why are you crying!?" he chuckled, getting everyone else's attention too, "you good?"

taeyong just stared at jaehyun, still crying lightly. his bottom lip quivered as jaehyun held his hoodie sleeve against his face, "i love my f-friends, jaehyunie.."

the boys laughed together, including taeyong himself, who realistically, was just tired, overwhelmed and drunk.

jaehyun had obviously experienced alot of taeyong's drunk personalities, but emotional taeyong was a new one. in all honesty, he found it quite cute.

the younger laughed once more, as sicheng climbed off of his lap and onto yuta's.

taeyong used this opportunity to replace sicheng's place, falling into jaehyun's chest and mumbling some words. mostly incoherent ones.

despite catching jaehyun off guard, he held taeyong, as he cried gently. he didnt need to worry too much, atleast not yet, as he knew it was mostly the alcohol making him emotional.

he simply cradled the mentally weak boy, sipping on his drink as the rest of the room continued with their antics.

-

"i'm sad~" taeyong giggled, as jaehyun tucked him into bed. he was staying in ten's guest bedroom, as he refused to even leave the house, and jaehyun didnt want to burden the boy's mother with her emotional son, "you look funny."

"i look funny? why?" jaehyun laughed, throwing the boy blankets, as he was complaining he was cold moments before, "that's mean."

"m'dunno. you just look funny from this angle," taeyong giggled, shivering, despite the many blankets, and heating, "ugly jaehyun."

"you're mean!" jaehyun whined, shutting the curtains and putting a glass of water on the bedside table for the morning, as taeyong's mouth was bound to be dry, "maybe i'll take the blankets back."

"no! you're not always ugly. just from my angle..." the older giggled, clutching the blankets, "jaehyun, i'm drunk, i'm sorry."

"believe me, i know," replied the brunette, who stood beside the bed, tilting his head at the boy who was buried in fabric, "comfortable?"

"mmm..."

taeyong struggled to keep his eyes open, but refused to let himself fall asleep. he looked as if he was thinking, but wasn't able to get the words out, which jaehyun found endearing.

"taeyong, you're too tired to think, go to sleep."

"hmmngh.." the boy whined, reaching out his hand for jaehyun, "stay? with me?"

jaehyun tilted his head more, smiling, but trying to hide it.

"i dont wanna be alone~" taeyong responded, his eyes becoming glazed again. he laughed at his own emotional vulnerability, before wiping his eyes, "you dont have to stay all night, just lay with me until i fall asleep."

jaehyun shrugged. why not? he thought, as taeyong moved up, making space for him, "i've got shoes and jeans on, tae. it's not gonna be comfortable, hold on."

taeyong watched as the boy slipped off his shoes, taking his jacket off and placing it on the floor, "the jeans?"

"yeah- not much i can do about them now that i think about it."

"if you're comfortable, you can just take them off, i dont care," taeyong laughed, yawning, "i wont look~"

jaehyun laughed. he didnt care too much either. its not like they'd never seen eachother like that anyways. he was just worried about everyone else seeing his jeans on the floor in the morning.

he chuckled at that thought, but climbed into the bed with taeyong. he almost immediately felt the boy latch onto him like a koala. he flinched at the temperature of his bare skin, but hugged him back.

"i dont mind if you leave," taeyong whispered, "i- i just wanted company"

jaehyun felt the boy chuckle to himself against himself, making him laugh too, "i'll probably stay, dont worry. i'm too tired to drive home now."

"m'kay.." taeyong mumbled, not exactly taking in what jaehyun said, as he was close to falling sleep. getting comfortable, he yawned before adding, "thank you for caring for me."