fortyseven

taeyong admired jaehyun from across the room as he sat on the sofa with johnny, yuta and jungwoo. another house party, and everyone was talking to eachother and drinking, but all taeyong could do was stand in the doorway, and smile at jaehyun.

he was okay now, but he still felt kinda off from being ill, so he decided not to drink as much as he usually did. he wasn't sick anymore, he just felt a little weak, and tired.

but he ignored it, as he wanted to spend time with his friends, and not stay up in his room all night.

he was grateful he lived with jaehyun now, as most get togethers were held at his house, so now he didnt need to stay over and struggle to get home the next morning.

ten walked through the door where taeyong was stood, confused as too why he was there. he tip-toed to his point of view, and when he realised he was watching jaehyun, he smiled. he ruffled the boy's hair before leaning against the other side of the door frame.

"you're in love, huh?" ten smiled, as taeyong didnt look at him.

"i wouldnt say that," taeyong spoke quietly, as ten gave an unconvinced look, before sipping his drink, "i just think... he's wonderful to look at. and i think he's handsome. and i... hm.."

"was that a moment of realisation, or..." ten laughed, as the boy paused.

"no!" taeyong laughed, "i dunno.. something in my brain keeps thinking he still hates me. which i dont blame him if he does but like- that's not good."

"and you're telling me you havent drunk anything?" ten laughed, putting his hand on the boy's shoulder, "dude, you live with him - which he requested -, he kissed you, he cares about you more than i've seen anyone care for you in my life- no offence."

"okay.. hm.." taeyong nodded slowly, smiling, "i guess.."

the two stood there for a moment longer, before ten made his way towards johnny, sitting on his lap carefully.

in this moment, jaehyun's head poked up like a lost dog, as he scanned the room for taeyong. when the two made eye contact, jaehyuns eyes lit up as he smiled, and gestured for the boy to come over too.

taeyong declined, by shaking his head and putting his hands up.

and within a few seconds, jaehyun was walking towards him with his pretty smile, pretty brown eyes and pretty hair.

taeyong found every part of him to be so, so pretty.

"you good?" he asked, replacing where ten was stood, but now the two were facing eachother, and jaehyun had grabbed taeyong's hand.

taeyong nodded, smiling. he slowly inched towards jaehyun, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting his head on his chest. jaehyun hugged him back, placing his chin on his head.

"what's up?" he asked, rubbing the boy's back.

"i'm not in a very socialise-y mood, so i needed a recharge," taeyong laughed, hugging the boy tighter, "you're the charger, by the way."

jaehyun laughed with a nod, before adding, "you should've told me, we could've done this on a day you felt more down for it.."

"no! no- it's okay!" taeyong shook his head, pulling away but keeping his hands on the latter's waist, "i like having everyone here. i'm happy.. just tired."

"you sure?"

"mhm!" taeyong nodded quickly, "i'm sure."

"alright," jaehyun nodded, "come sit with me?"

taeyong nodded, as jaehyun held him by his waist, walking back towards where the boy was sat before.

-

"you want a drink?"

"a non alcoholic one, yeah."

"what happened to the taeyong who jumps at the opportunity to drink?!"

"he died. temporarily though," taeyong laughed, reaching into the fridge for a can of soda, "hey- jaehyun-"

"mm?" jaehyun turned to face the younger, who leant against the fridge, "hello."

"you dont... hate me, do you?"

"what?! no!" jaehyun shook his head, putting down the bottle he was pouring from, and walking closer to the boy, "no, i dont at all, why?"

taeyong nodded, as jaehyun put his hands on his shoulder, before fixing his slightly messy hair and collar.

"like.. there isn't a small part of you that still hates me?"

jaehyun paused for a moment, before shaking his head, "no... no, i dont think so.. why? what happened?"

"hm.." taeyong shook his head, smiling and throwing his hands over jaehyun's shoulders, "nothing, nothing... im just being stupid."

jaehyun rolled his eyes, before laughing, and grabbing the glass of alcohol he was making, "try this, you might like it."

taeyong obeyed taking a sip as jaehyun held it to his lips. his eyes widened and jaehyun laughed, taking the glass back, "you like it?"

"there is so much alcohol in that, jae," he laughed, coughing a little, "you're planning on getting drunk?"

"no, no," jaehyun laughed, "this is for ten."

"of course it is," taeyong laughed, not surprised at the amount of alcohol his best friend was able to handle, "you okay?"

"mhm! i'm good! are you?"

"i am good." the older nodded, smiling fondly at jaehyun. his heart felt different today. he had butterflies, and he felt like his cheeks were bright pink as he admired the boy. he almost needed to remember to breathe. jaehyun had quite literally taken his breath away.

"good good, c'mon, come sit with me."

taeyong nodded, following jaehyun out of the kitchen, their hands intertwined.

a/n this update is cute :) yw