fifty

the first day of the music festival, and taeyong had no idea what was going on already. he'd never been to one of these, but jaehyun clearly had, so he was just following the boy's lead.

he was in a car with yuta, sicheng, jaehyun, jungwoo and one of yuta's friends who drove the six seater. jaehyun could see taeyong's confusion and anxiety, so he tapped his thigh, drawing patterns on his jeans and playing with the holes in them.

"gay."

"only for you."

taeyong gave jaehyun a weird look, making him laugh. luckily the music was loud enough that no one else in the car would be able to hear their small conversation as they sat in the back.

"you're gay for me? jaehyun, that's gay."

"mm.. i guess a little bit."

taeyong looked away from the boy, smiling. he watched as the cars drove next to them, and spaced out slightly.

the rest of the car journey was great! they listened to music, ate snacks and jaehyun and taeyong shared occasional secret kisses. mostly on the cheeks or hands, but one on the lips when the rest of the boys stopped at a gas station to get more snacks.

well. it was more than one.

enough that there was tension for the rest of the journey, until they reached the venue.

"you okay?" jaehyun asked the older, as he looked around like a lost dog. he gently placed his hand on the boy's back, guiding him in the direction of the entrance.

"mhm! i'll get used to it soon. i get overwhelmed at new places like this, but i'll be fine," taeyong explained, nodding and smiling, "i hate you, by the way."

"wha- why?!" jaehyun laughed, knowing taeyong was referring to the gas station incident.

nothing else happened really, apart from a few too many kisses than expected, but those kisses were enough to make already-nervous taeyong giddy.

"oh, you know, jung."

"mhm," jaehyun nodded laughing, before teasingly patting the boy's butt, and catching up to the others, "hurry up, slowpoke."

-

a few hours in, and taeyong had been stood by jaehyun's side the whole time. they'd seen a few acts, and had a good time! but taeyong would be lying if he said he didnt feel slightly overwhelmed still.

he tapped jaehyun's hand, and the man looked down at him, concerned, "hey!"

"hi!" taeyong smiled, his expression showing jaehyun how he felt. he was glad the latter was good at reading faces, "dont let me get trampled on."

jaehyun laughed, shaking his head, and letting taeyong hold his hand.

pda made taeyong nervous. especially with so many people in a situation like this. they lived in korea, damn it. not the most accepting place. they were getting better, but it still made the boy very scared to show his love for the boy.

but he did it. he held jaehyun's hand as tight as he could, before jaehyun pulled him infront of him, "stay here, i got you."

taeyong nodded, as jaehyun kept his hands on his waist. he suddenly felt way safer, as they enjoyed the loud, bass-filled music.

-

"you two are in your honeymoon phase?" yuta's friend asked the boys.

jaehyun's eyes widened, and taeyong paused as he ate his burger.

they'd found a spot further out to eat food, where it was less crowded. the sun was starting to set now, and the two sat together on the grass.

"what's... the honeymoon phase?" jaehyun laughed, as yuta and sicheng came back with their food.