I.II

Lucine was putting some clothes in her drawers when a knock was heard on her door. It was already open so she knew who it was already. "Dad wants us downstairs, says he has a surprise for us." Lucine looked at her for a second before realizing who she was about to meet. She gave her a tight-lipped smile trying to contain herself as she watched her sister turn around and make her way downstairs and outside.

Lucine looked at herself in the mirror first to check if she looked okay. Jacob Black and Billy Black were going to be down there and frankly, she wanted to make a good first impression on the pack, even if Jacob hadn't changed yet. Plus, even if she wasn't Jacob's imprint, she wanted to have a little fun before whatever brought her there took her home.

I mean, it's inevitable. I'm not meant to be here, her smile dropped a little at the thought before she shook her head and smiled again. "Might as well have some fun." She said to herself before walking out of her room and out to where everyone else was.

"Hey, guys," Lucine said with a smile as Charlie and Billy messed around and Bella and Jacob talked. "Hey Luce, it's been a while." Jacob smiled before walking up to her and giving her a hug. "I've missed you." He said silently into her hair before stepping back a bit to look at her. Lucine smiled at him as memories of her last summer there rushed to her.

Omg, I had a summer romance with Jacob. She tried to play it off and just laughed lightly.

"I've missed you too, Jacob." Charlie coughed from behind them trying to catch their attention; it worked. "Oh my god, Billy hi!" Lucine said with a big smile as she walked up to the man and hugged him. "You're looking good as ever." Billy laughed as he hugged her back. "It's good to see you kiddo. Jacob here wouldn't shut up about it ever since he found out you were coming." Jacob coughed behind us as he choked slightly at his father's confession. "No, I didn't." Billy just nodded not wanting to embarrass his son any further, at least for now.

Lucine turned around to see the rusty red truck sitting there as Bella leaned against it. "What's this?" She asked her dad. "Your guys' homecoming present.; just bought it off Billy here."— "Yep." Said Billy from beside him. "It's amazing," Lucine said as she checked it out. "I totally rebuilt the engine for you guys." Jacob looked proud of his work. "It's great Jacob, thank you," Bella said with a smile as all three of us sat in the car.

Lucine watched closely how Jacob looked at Bella, it was different from how he looked at her. She knew how obsessed he was bound to be with her so his tiny crush on her now seemed so innocent.

Lucine didn't feel anything. She wasn't the Lucine from this world so she had no romantic emotions like that for anyone in this world. It was odd because deep down she could feel how much she liked Jacob and how hurt she felt seeing him look at her sister like that but for the progression of the story, she pushed it down.

There's always hotter and better here. I've always found some of the pack members pretty attractive, could have my fun there until one finds their imprint.  Oh gosh, I sound like I'm gonna sleep around.

She buried her head in her hands for a second before looking up slightly. I swear universe, that's not my intention. Only one. I'll pick one and have my fun. She thought to herself, completely forgetting that Jacob and Bella were next to her.

"Thanks for the truck, seriously it's amazing," Bella said with a slight awkward undertone as they said their goodbyes to Jacob and Billy. Jacob walked up to them and gave them goodbye hugs. Again, the difference between the hug he gave Lucine and the hug he gave Bella was there.

"Will you be coming to school with us?" Bella asked him after their hug. Jacob shook his head.

"No, I go to school on the reservation but you guys could always come visit." Lucine nodded wanting to take him up the offer but keeping her mouth shut. She knew Jacob was mainly referring to Bella. Lucine and Jacob might of had a summer romance a summer or two ago but that was because Bella wasn't there to keep Jacob occupied. It sounded bad but it was the truth. Billy called for Jacob and they made their way home.

Lucine walked into Bella's room plopping herself onto her sisters bed. "I think Jackie boy has a little crush on you." Bella turned around to face her giving her a weird look. "You're real funny Lucine. You're the one that almost dated him, how could he have a crush on me?"

She was almost done unpacking. They didn't bring much so unpacking really only took a day. Lucine shrugged as she starred up at the ceiling before getting up to look out Bella's window. She watched closely as two large wolves ran through the forest at night.

They're too close. They're gonna get themselves caught if they don't go deeper into the forest. She told herself. Besides that, Lucine just looked up at the night sky, enjoying the gloominess of Forks.

"In my defense, Jacob has always had eyes for you growing up, the only reason him and I had a thing was because you weren't here. We're like best friends, at least now we are."

"At least now we are?" Bella said as she leaned against her desk raising an eyebrow at her sister. Lucine took a seat on the edge of her sister's bed. "Things were a little rocky near the end but we fixed them. There was never real romance there so we decided to stay friends. See, if you came with me during summer you wouldn't have missed all of that." Bella laughed lightly. "You know I prefer sunny Arizona." Lucine rolled her eyes as she stood up and walked to the door before turning around to look at her sister.

"You never know. There might be something in Forks that'll make you never want to leave." Lucine says with a smile before going back to her room.