III.II

Carlisle didn't want Bella and Lucine going to school or anywhere really. Victoria was mad and out for blood, making someone else do her bidding for her so Alice wouldn't see.

They sat at the lunch table, talking to their friends about the graduation party Alice was hosting that night. They were all excited to finally see the Cullen's house. Mostly Jessica asked the sisters a million questions about it which just made Lucine chuckle as she tried her best to answer them all.

"It's just a party to come in casual party attire," Alice said before standing up and heading out of the cafeteria. She always did that these days, heading to the library for some quiet I guess. The whole situation was stressing her out but who could blame her, someone was hunting her friends and wouldn't stop until either she was dead or they were dead.

"I can't believe graduation is so close," Angela said as she leaned into Eric as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "High school might be ending but once we leave this place, our lives truly begin," Lucine said as she took a bite out of her fries. "Oh, that's good. If I didn't already have my speech ready and submitted I would've totally stolen that." They all laughed. Bella looked at everyone with almost a somber look. She loved her friends and she was going to miss all of this but her decision wasn't going to change.

The bell rang shortly and they all headed to their last class of the day. Lucine sat in class with Alice. She was quiet, scary quiet.

She nudged her slightly to catch her attention. She turned her attention from her pencil to Lucine. The look in her eyes scared her. She was worried but she wouldn't say what. She quickly masked that worry with a smile. "Be honest with me, what have you seen that is making you this worried?" Lucine whispered to her.

Alice let out a sigh before turning back around in her seat to face the teacher. "I'll tell you after class." Lucine just nodded, wanting this class to move as quickly as possible.

***

School ended a while ago and the girls stood in the woods. Lucine usually would be scared to be so deep in but she was as calm as can be.

"What is it you saw?" She didn't wait and beat around the bush. She was too nervous and a bit excited to wait. Alice sighed as she grabbed her hands in her and looked into her eyes.

"The Volturi are coming and they're going to find out about it." Lucine shook her head. She knew the Volturi would come, but she didn't expect them to ever find out about her. There was nothing special about her to pique their interest.

"How? Why? I um" She didn't know what to say but Alice kept her hold on her hands to show her that she was okay right now and that the Volturi weren't there yet or even had a single clue of her existence. "They come to the battle and see you, something flashed in Cauis' eyes but my vision ends before I can see anything else." Lucine was beyond confused. She couldn't speak so Alice just ran them back to the Swan's house. Paul already waiting out front.

She walked up to him, wrapping her arms around his neck without a single word. He looked at Alice for an explanation but she just shook her head and ran off. He brought them inside, she sat at the kitchen table with her hands holding her head up from her chin. She was trying to run through other Lucine's memories to find an answer but the girl had no knowledge of this supernatural world before finding Emmett.

"Why would he look at me?" She mumbled to herself as Paul set a cup of tea next to her. "Who?" He asked as he took a seat next to her. She shook her head and smiled at him. "No one you need to worry about. I just got stuck in my head." She places her hand on his cheek for a second before picking up the cup and taking a sip.

He sighed, grabbing one of her hands in between both of his as she puts the cup down. She looked at him with the beautiful brown eyes he fell for years ago.

"You can talk to me you know. You can trust me with whatever it is." His voice sounded almost desperate. He wanted so badly to know what was running through her mind that was putting her into such distress. Even if she tried to hide it, he saw right through any mask. She smiled at him, making him melt as he kissed the back of her hand lightly. "I know I can. I just don't want you to worry."-"You hiding it from me is making me worry more." She raised an eyebrow confused as to how that works until he continued.

"You only hide things when they're life-threatening. What could you possibly be hiding this time?" He looked at her expectingly but she was running hundreds of miles in her head to find a good lie but it was too late. He's already seen through it all. She had no other choice but, to tell the truth.

"You have to promise not to get mad and let me deal with it when the time comes. Okay?" He nodded, anticipating what she was going to say.

She took a deep breath before looking him in the eyes and explaining.

"There's this group called the Volturi. They're sort of like the kings of the vampires and Alice had a vision that they would find out about me." He looked confused as to how that could be bad until she continued.

"When they found out that Edward and Bella were together and that Bella was human, they threatened to kill her if they didn't change her by the next time they see her. If they ever were to find out another human knows about them. I'm definitely dead." He stayed quiet, not being about to speak through the absolute anger and fear he was feeling.

He got up and left, shifting into the forest. He needs to run, and blow off some steam. He was terrified at the thought of them killing her. She stood outside her house for a second before going back inside and sitting at the kitchen table, grabbing the cup in her hand as she ran the other one through her hair.

She didn't know what to do anymore. She just had to wait for the big battle to commence. See what the Volturi are going to want from her.