III.VII

They danced like there was no tomorrow, wanting to forget the outside world existed beyond what they knew. Lucine could feel eyes on her as she danced between Angela and Jessica but none of them mattered at the moment.

Their hips swayed to the music as their skin shimmered under the colorful lights due to the sheen of sweat. They could hear nothing but the music, people danced around them making everything feel so alive. The music was loud and pounding. Angela turned around to face Lucine as she put her hands on her friend's shoulder, getting closer as Lucine put her hands on her waist. They danced to the music closely and all they could see was each other and the lights that flashed around.

Lucine smiled brightly as she let her head fall back as her brain filled with nothing but colors that bounced around the room and deafening music accompanied by the many sweaty bodies that surrounded her. She could feel Angela's hands move into her hair as her hands grabbed onto Angela's dress.

One of their classmates had snuck in some "Fun juice" as he liked to call it and mostly everyone dancing had a little more than just a bit.

Lucine looked back up finding that she was now very much pressed up against her friend as their hips swayed together. The dancing and the heat were making her mind fuzzy, making those suppressed thoughts want to come out. Angela's eyes were hazy as she looked at Lucine. It felt like there was no one else on the dance floor but them.

She felt impulsive, wanting to lean into her momentary desires.

So, she did and so did Angela. They leaned in and connected their lips as if that kiss was the last drop of water in a giant desert. They kissed as they held each other close, not wanting to let go yet. Angela buried her hands in Lucine's hair and the sides of her dress were nothing but a crumpled mess in Lucine's hands.

They parted after a while and looked at each other, panting, their lips were now swollen and their lipsticks now smudged.

"You have a boyfriend," Lucine said, remembering her friend Eric. "You do too," Angela responded as she tried to smooth out Lucine's hair slightly.

"Let's just keep this between us?" Angela asked as if half the school wasn't at the party and at least sixty percent of those on the dance floor just watched them make out for like five minutes. Jessica left a while ago with Mike so she saw nothing.

Lucine nodded with a smile and a wink as they stopped holding each other so close. "Our fun little secret." She said making Angela blush slightly.

She was snapped out of her trance when Bella pulled her aside, Jessica was finally back to dance with Angela in the crowd. Bella looked at her for a second, confused. "What are you doing?" She asked her sister, noticing her hair a little messed up and a small amount of sweat on her body. The calm graduation party had turned into something more exciting and Lucine was evidence of it.

"I'm having fun." She said with a giggle, wanting to go back to her friends. "There's no time, Alice needs to talk to us." She froze in her spot as those words left Bella's mouth. Fear was starting to creep its way into her. She tried her fix her hair a bit and clean the smudged lipstick from her face as they walked towards where everyone was. They were out back where no one could hear them nor disturb them. Lucine was able to fix herself enough to not look too disheveled but the fun she was having was still pretty evident in her.

The "fun juice" still very present in her system.

Bella took a seat next to Edward as Lucine stood between Jacob and Embry. She thought Paul would've been there but from the looks of it, Jacob didn't bother letting him know he was going.

"They'll be here within a week. We have to prepare." Edward says once he notices that everyone is there but only Alice, Lucine, and himself knew what he was talking about. Lucine bit her nail, nervous and scared of what was to come. Jacob wrapped an arm around her, to help her calm down but knowing what was going to happen to him didn't make it any better.