I.III

There was an annoying beeping sound coming from her bedside table making her groan as she stretched out her arm to turn it off. Lucine looked over at the clock, it read, 7:00 AM.

She groaned again but even louder and even more annoyed as she remembered it was their first day of school. She buried her face into her pillow again until someone walked in.

"Are you really going back to sleep?" Lucine hummed a yes as she nodded. Bella laughed before walking over to the bed and practically dragging her sister out of it. She sat on the floor groggy and wished she could sleep for another hour. "You have an hour so hurry or else I'm leaving without you." Lucine scrunched up her nose as she huffed out a breath before getting up and going to her closet.

She decided to wear baggy jeans, a white laced tank top, and a blue long sleeve over it with her white converse. She did some light make-up and headed downstairs seeing her backpack already on the couch. The clock read 7:40 AM, school was only a few minutes away so she drank a quick cup of coffee, went upstairs to brush her teeth, and met her sister outside.

***

"Don't be so nervous Bells. Everything is gonna be fine." Lucine said to her sister in a reassuring tone as they stepped out of their truck. Bella let out a sigh as she smiled at her sister. "I know, I'll be fine so don't worry so much." Lucine rolled her eyes. "All I can do is worry about you and make sure you don't trip over yourself." This made the sisters laugh.

As they were making their way into the building Lucine felt eyes piercing into the back of her head. She turned around slightly and there they were; The Cullens.

Her breath hitched slightly which didn't go unnoticed by Bella. "What's wrong?" She asked her sister as she hooked her arm around hers. Lucine looked back at her sister, a bit of fear sitting on her chest. She smiled through it and shook her head. "Nothing, just first-day jitters." Bella nodded as they continued on their way.

They made it halfway through the building before being stopped by a boy. "You guys are the Swans, the new girls." Lucine recognized him almost immediately. "I'm Lucine, this is my sister Bella." She said with a smile and an outstretched hand for him to shake, which he did with a little too much excitement. "Well, Lucine and Bella, I'm Eric. The eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?"

Well, his enthusiasm doesn't disappoint.

"Uh- I'm really kind of the more suffer-in-silence type." Lucine laughs lightly at her sister's blatant uncomfortableness. "Good headline for the feature." Eric smiles at the idea. "I'm on the paper, and you guys are news, baby, front page."--"No, we're not," Lucine says quickly. Bella starts stuttering trying to come up with a reason to not make them a feature in the paper. "Whoa, chillax girls. No feature." Bella lets out a sigh of relief and Lucine simply laughs.

***

They sat in English class bored out of their minds. The teacher placed them on opposite ends of the classroom. Surprisingly Lucine sat right in front of Rosalie and Emmett. They stared daggers into the back of her head which frankly freaked her out. She tried her best to concentrate on the task at hand, the worksheet the teacher passed out, but that deemed itself unlikely to get finished at this point.

The way the Cullens looked at her in the parking lot and now how these two looked at her; it felt like they were waiting for her to do something.

Alice. What if she had a vision of me? What if she knows I'm not the Lucine from this world? She started slightly freaking out in her head as her heartbeat escalated. She knew they could hear it which just made her more anxious. She knew they wouldn't do anything to her but deep down, the other Lucine is terrified and she had no clue why.

The class hour flew by quickly thankfully. Lucine didn't know if her heart could take another second. She barely got any of her worksheets done but the teacher excused it since she was new. "Sorry," She said lightly before going to meet her sister out in the hallway. She wrapped her arms around her sister's arm and laid her head on her shoulder as they started walking. Bella laughed lightly as she pats her sister's head.

"Rough first class?" Lucine nods at her question. "Well, what's your next class?" Lucine looks down at her schedule. "Math. You?" Bella sighs, "History." Lucine sighed as she let go of her sister. Their classes were in different hallways, practically on opposite ends of the school. "See you in p.e.?" Lucine nodded before they each headed to their classes.

Lucine walked down the hallway stuck in her head as a thousand things ran through it. Without paying attention, she ran into something hard and cold. "I'm sorry." She said as she rubbed her forehead. "It's okay, I wasn't looking either." She froze. Fear slowly seeped into her chest again as she recognized that southern accent.

She looked up to see Jasper Hale. She could tell that he sensed her slight fear by the way that she started to feel calm.

Damn emotion control.

Without another word she went around him and made her way to class. He stood there for a second before making his way to his class. Lucine felt the fear creep back into her chest as she entered the class. Her heart was raising.

Other Lucine's feelings over-powering her own. She felt out of control of her own emotions but on the outside, she looked like everything was fine. Other Lucine screamed in her head, a blurry memory making its way into her head.

She sat in the seat the teacher told her to sit in, not giving a thought as to who was around her. A headache made its way to her as other Lucine tried to pry it in.

Suddenly, everything went calm. The screaming stopped, the fear disappeared, her headache stopped, and her heartbeat was at a normal rate. She looked around herself confused. Wtf just happened? She thought to herself before clearing her throat and trying to pretend as if nothing happened.

The teacher started teaching but there was one person that saw the whole thing.

Emmett Cullen sat behind her confused as he sensed her heartbeat go from a hundred miles per hour to a cool ocean breeze.