I.VIII

It was field trip day; Bella finally came out of her room and spoke to them. They were in the car on the way to school. They seem to have a lot of important conversations in the car. "Why did you do that?" Bella asked out of the blue. Lucine didn't understand what she meant. "Back at the hospital the other day." Lucine sighed as she ran a hand through her hair.

"All I'm saying is that maybe you just hit your head a little too hard."

Gosh, I'm really gaslighting the hell out of the Bella Swan just to help keep a secret she's gonna find out about soon. It's giving me a headache. Lucine rubs her temples at the imaginary headache. Bella scoffed. "Edward said the same thing." She kept quiet for a bit. "Is there something you guys are keeping from me?" Lucine shakes her head immediately.

Yes.

"No."

Bella stares at her sister for a second, trying to figure out if her sister was lying. Bella parked the car a few minutes prior so all that was heard was the commotion of the students crowding around the bus outside waiting to board. "We're not keeping anything from you Bella. He and I aren't even close, you know that."

That part wasn't a lie. I might know him but as far as this world knows, he and I are nothing but strangers.

Bella let out a sigh as she laid her head on the steering wheel, still holding it. "I'm sorry. I feel like I keep lashing out towards you." Lucine shakes her head as she puts a hand on her sister's shoulder, causing her to sit up and face Lucine. "It's not your fault Bella; you're stressed out from the move. It's practically a whole new environment for you. It's okay to feel stressed out." Bella runs a hand through her hair. "You're probably right." They finally step out of the truck.

The teacher was running a little late so the girls ended up talking as they leaned against the truck. The Cullens started walking towards the bus catching Bella's attention, Rosalie and Emmett weren't there yet. Jasper caught Lucine's eye and smiled at her. Lucine smiled back, waving at him slightly.

before the whole 'secret reveal' incident last summer, she and Jasper were getting close due to her close friendship with Rosalie. Jasper was a nice guy. Intimidating and a bit dangerous at times but he was a genuine, nice guy.

Mike appeared in the girl's line of vision, mostly Bellas.

"Look at you, huh? You're alive." He said in a joking manner. " I know, yeah. False alarm, I guess." Bella answered awkwardly. Lucine waved at Mike, "Hi Mike." She said in a mocking tone. Mike gave her a smile and nodded before looking at Bella again. Lucine laughed, recalling what was about to happen. She stepped to the side slightly, to watch the very awkward show of Bella getting asked to prom.

"Yeah. um- now, I wanted to ask you, you know, if, you know, it's like a month away, but..." Lucine looked over at Edward, he didn't look very happy. Rosalie walked up behind her just as she laughed at the scene. Rosalie put her arm around Lucine's shoulder. "What's so funny?"-"Bella is getting asked out to prom and you're brother over there doesn't look so happy about it." Rosalie laughs as she starts paying full attention to what was happening in front of them. Emmett stood behind them also enjoying the show.

"... do you wanna go to prom with me?" Lucine laughed. "Poor guy doesn't realize Bella doesn't like him in that way." Rosalie fake pouts slightly making Lucine laugh even harder. Thankfully they were far enough away to not catch Bella's attention.

"So, what do you think?" Bella finally looked back at Mike. "About what?" Even Emmett laughed this time. "Poor guy." He said from behind the girls. "Do you wanna go? To prom? With me?" Mike was very visibly nervous. " I have something that weekend anyway. I'm going to Jacksonville that weekend."-"You can't go another weekend?" The sadness was clear on his face. "I already promised Lucine we'd go, plus, it's a non-refundable ticket." They looked over at Lucine, she was smiling brightly as she waved at them. "Sorry Mike, try asking Jessica." Bella nodded as Lucine made her way over to them, Rosalie and Emmett not too far behind. "I know she wants to go with you," Bella says making Mike look over at her.

The teacher finally showed up ushering everyone into the bus.

***

"Hey, La Push, baby. you in?"-"Oh definitely!" Lucine answers immediately as she sits down. Tyler shakes her slightly as she puts his hands on her shoulder. "That's my girl," he says excitedly making Lucine roll her eyes. 

"Should I know what that means?" Bella looks down at Lucine waiting for an answer but Mike beats her to it. "La Push Beach down at Quileute Rez. We're all going tomorrow." Lucine nodded along. "Yeah, there's a big small coming in," Jessica says. "And I don't just surf the internet." Tyler laughed. "Eric, you stood up once, and it was a foam board," Jessica says making Lucine laugh at the thought. "But there's whale watching, too. Come with us."-"La Push baby. It's La Push." Bella smiles. "Okay, I'll go if you stop saying that, okay?" Bella walks away as they all laugh.

Lucine leans against Tyler's legs seeing as he was sitting on the table behind them. Everyone at the table looking at Bella talk to Edward. Tyler unconsciously plays with Lucine's hair. "So what's the deal with them?" Mike asks as he takes a seat next to her, Lucine shrugs. "Don't ask me, she doesn't tell me much about that." She didn't need to anyway. Mike didn't ask anymore as he stared at the two.

"Lucine, you have a hair tie on you?" She shook her head at Tyler's question. "No, why?"-"I just braided some of your hair and it looks good." Lucine laughed as Jessica passed him a small hair tie. "Perfect." He says as he looks down at his handy work.