II.V

It's been a few months now. Bella hadn't left her room much to the point where Lucine and Charlie had to bring her food so she'd eat.

She started sitting at the Cullen's empty lunch table; the sight was even more depressing in real life. Lucine tried everything to help her but nothing worked. She sat on that chair staring out that window every day with only one thought in her head.

When will Edward come back?

It was a Friday night and Lucine was getting ready to go out to the movies with Jessica. There was a knock at her door, thinking it was Charlie she let them in but instead, Bella walked in. Lucine smiled as she turned towards her, having just finished her makeup.

"Hey, what's up Bells?" She said softly as Bella took a seat on the edge of her bed. "I was wondering if I could tag along with you and Jessica. I just need a change of scenery." She nodded rapidly as she picked up her phone to tell Jessica that Bella was joining them. "She'll be here in five minutes so I hope you're ready." She says with a smile, super happy that her sister is finally coming out slowly of her depressive episode.

She knew things were only going to get worse from here on out but she had to trust herself to be there when she really needed to. She knew that Bella needed to let out some of that pent-up grief and let her adrenaline run high. All she could do is sit on the sidelines for now and listen to her and be there for her when she needed it.

A honking was heard outside signaling that Jessica was here. They walked downstairs to find Charlie waiting by the stairs as always. He's been on high alert around them ever since the forest incident. He reminded them about the pepper spray he gave them and told them to have fun before they left.

"It's good to see you again Bella," Jessica said with a smile as the sister got into her car. "Yeah, you too." That was all she said but Jessica understood.

***

They left the movie theater, Lucine laughing as Jessica rambled about the movie. Bella looked as awkward as ever when suddenly she spotted a biker gang hanging out near the end of the road. She walked toward them and asked one of the guys for a ride.

Jessica protested but that did nothing to stop her; Lucine just watched.

The guy dropped her off with the other two girls. "You're insane," Jessica said with a laugh. Bella just smiled as she got an idea.

She looked over at Lucine for a second and understanding what she was thinking, Lucine just laughed and shook her head before agreeing. She knew that Bella was being wreckless but she also knew that this is what she needed to get over everything even if it was just a supplement until the Cullen's got back.

***

It was Saturday morning when Bella barged into her sister's room telling her to wake up. She groaned as she covered herself completely with the blanket.

"Come on. We're gonna hang out with Jacob and the guys today." Lucine took the blanket off her head and stared at her sister in disbelief before getting up and showering. She got changed into some jeans and a sweater, meeting her sister downstairs a few minutes later.

She looked at the messed-up bike Bella had got from the scrap yard an hour ago while Lucine was still in dreamland. "Are you really expecting him to fix that?" She questioned her sister with a raised eyebrow. She knew Jacob could do it but damn, the thing looked beyond rough.

"Perks of having a mechanic friend." She laughed as they made their way into the truck and made their way to Jacob's house. Bella was finally driving again; it's been so long since the last time she drove and frankly, Lucine was happy to be able to enjoy the ride again.

They got to Jacob's house in no time, mostly due to Bella speeding down the road for most of it.

"Bella, where the hell have you been, loca?" Lucine stayed on the other side of the truck so they wouldn't see her as she silently laughed. She took deep breaths, controlling her facial expression and whatnot before she made her presence known. "Where's my big welcome, huh?" She said jokingly, catching Jacob's attention and making him laugh. He walked up to her, giving her a tight hug as if he hadn't seen her in so long.

They stepped apart and just looked at each other for a second before Bella cleared her throat.

Bad Lucine. Very bad Lucine, you can't hold old feelings for Jacob when Embry and Paul exist?

She scolded herself as Bella and Jacob took the bike inside the garage.

They sat in there talking for a bit before Quil and Embry walked in, making fun of Jacob for his obvious crush on Bella.

"I see my girlfriend has come to join us today," Embry said jokingly as he placed an arm around Lucine. "Oh, of course, I just couldn't stay away from you." She joked along making everyone laugh. It was nice hanging out with them again, she's been so caught up trying to take care of Bella and figuring out a plan for the future that she completely forgot to come to visit.

They spent a very long time going to Jacob's house until the bike was fixed. Bella's mood lightened up which made Lucine happy.

***

Her nightmares weren't getting any better though. Most nights Lucine slept in a chair in Bella's room in case she would wake up screaming. It was painful to watch but she knew it was what had to happen, she couldn't do anything to make those nightmares go away.

One night Lucine cried silently to herself after helping Bella fall back asleep, watching her sister struggle so much and not being to do anything about it was the worst feeling. She wanted to take all that hurt away and see her smile again. These days, going to Jacob's house was the only thing bringing that smile back.

***

Hey guys, sorry if this chapter feels rushed, I just didn't know how to write it if I'm being honest. There just wasn't much I could do with it but I promise the next few chapters will be better. Mostly, because a scene that I've been dying to write is coming up lmao. Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. <3~
-HS.*