II.I

It was the twins' birthday today. They were turning eighteen and frankly, Lucine couldn't be more excited. New Moon has always been her favorite from the saga seeing as it was mostly about the shapeshifters.

She had woken up earlier than usual, walking downstairs to find Charlie wrapping last-minute gifts. She cleared her throat, making him jump a little before he turned around to see her leaning against the entrance to the kitchen. He sighed as he looked down.

"You aren't supposed to be awake right now." She laughed as she walked closer, helping him wrap up Bella's present. "I have school in an hour. If anything, you should be glad I'm up this early so I won't be late to school." She said as she finished wrapping the present. "Well, since you're already here," He walked into the living room, coming back with a present bag. "Happy birthday." She gave him a hug before setting the bag down and looking through it.

She took out a notebook and a set of cute pens. She smiled at him, grateful. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "I notice you're always writing in that journal of yours and probably needed another one cause you were running out of space." She chuckled at his sincerity and hugged him again. "Thank you so much, dad. I love it." He smiled down at her. "I'm glad. Now let's go up and surprise your sister." She nods as she grabs her present, following her dad upstairs to Bella's room.

They walked into Bella's room, Lucine singing the happy birthday song with a ton of enthusiasm, making Bella groan as she sat up.

"Happy birthday," Charlie said, laughing at Lucine as she danced around Bella's room, hugging her sister as she finished singing. "happy birthday Bells, we're getting old." She said jokingly. Lucine cursed herself a bit in her head remembering how sensitive about age Bella felt at that moment because of the dream she just had.

"yeah, I'm pretty sure I see grey hair," Charlie interjected jokingly making Lucine laugh along. "No there isn't," Bella said kind of scared as she got up from the bed looking for the hair. Charlie laughed as he watched Bella frantically try to find it. "It's a joke Bells, there's no grey hair." She sighed thankfully and took a seat next to her sister.

"This is for you," Lucine said as she passed the gift to her. She opened the small bag to find a camera. "That's actually great. Thanks, Dad." He smiled down at her. "This one is from mom," Lucine said as she passed the big flat one.

"We coordinated. Well, she coordinated me." Lucine chuckled as she watched Bella unwrap the photobook. "It's to, uh, put your pictures in from senior year. You could use it too if you'd like Lucine." The girls thanked their dad before he left to get dressed for work.

Bella looked at her sister, crossing her arms over her chest. "I thought we agreed not to celebrate our birthday this year." Lucine looked around the room awkwardly before closing her eyes and rubbing her chin as if she were thinking. "hmm, I seem to not be able to recall such a conversation." She opens one eye to see what Bella is doing but she just laughs which made Lucine laugh. "Come on, we have to leave in twenty minutes." Lucine did a fake salute as Bella threw a pillow at her before she left her room to get dressed.

***

They drove down the road listening to a CD of some band Tyler gave Lucine two weeks ago. Bella was driving today which meant Lucine could just enjoy the ride.

She rolled down her window, sticking her hand out to feel the cool air of Forks, Washington. She took a deep as she smiled.

They reached the school shortly, being greeted by the gang. Thankfully, they all read Lucine's text and didn't mention their birthday. They whispered a quick happy birthday to Lucine as she walked past them after Bella took their picture of the photobook their mom got her.

Bella walked over to Edward once he got out of his car, and Lucine followed close behind once she saw Jacob coming.

"Bella, Lucine, hey." He said as he walked up to them. He hugged Bella first then Lucine, telling them each happy birthday.

"Don't you have school right now?" Bella asked him.

"I was just buying a part of the rabbit. You guys should really come to take a ride when it's done."-"I'd love to." Lucine answered with a smile. "Great." He took Lucine's answer as both of them which made Bella roll her eyes as she laughed.

"That's right. I got you guys something." He pulled out two dreamcatchers, almost identical. "I saw these and thought of you guys. I hope you guys like them." They grabbed the dreamcatchers with a smile. "It's beautiful. Thanks, Jacob." He smiled as she went in for a hug. "It's really pretty. Seriously, thank you." Lucine said also going for a hug.

"I'm glad you guys like them. Well, I have to go now but come buy some time and let's hang out. I know the guys miss you, Lucine." She chuckled. "We'll try our best to come by," Lucine answered. They said their goodbyes and the girls thanked Jacob again for the beautiful gifts.

They walked inside, Lucine talking to Bella as Edward just tagged along. After the incident, Edward and Lucine have been on neutral terms. He knows just how much Bella cared for her sister, they got into an argument a month or so after everything happened, because he was blaming Lucine for attracting James to them. She was also still mad at him for calling her sister a pet.

Obviously, they made up but Lucine and Edward weren't close but they weren't enemies either. They had too many people they both cared about in common to hate each other. So, they decided to keep it in the middle, that was it benefitted everyone.