I.IV

"Maybe you should go home," Bella said as she tried dodging balls. P.E. was never really their strong suit but they had no choice but to play volleyball.

"Bells I'm fine. It was just first-day jitters." Bella rolled her eyes, not believing her sister. Lucine sat on the bleachers watching Bella play as they spoke. A ball came toward her making her smack a ball into a boy's head. Lucine bursts out laughing as Bella looked in horror at what she did before rushing over to him to apologize.

Lucine watched as the guy stuttered before asking if she was the new girl. Lucine wanted to go up and interject but Jessica beat her to it and Lucine sat back down to enjoy the show.

"You're from Arizona, right?" Jessica asked; the jealously practically seeping through her pores. "uh- yeah." Bella answered awkwardly. "Aren't people from Arizona supposed to be, like, really tan?" Bella laughed lightly. "Yeah, maybe that's why they kicked me out." Lucine laughed at Bella's attempt at a joke. Jessica and Mike laughed lightly before Bella walked out of the conversation.

Lucine was still laughing when Bella sat beside her and groaned as she put her head in her hands. "Stop laughing." It came out more muffled seeing as she was covering her face with her hands. "I love you Bells but that was so awkward." Lucine laughed more just remembering what happened.

The bell rang signaling them to lunch. Bella stood up lightly pushing Lucine as she stood up still laughing lightly as she followed her sister to the locker rooms to change.

***

They sat down with their new friends. Of course, Lucine knew who they were. But, they've technically just met them all today so Lucine played it cool.

"Burrito, my friend?" Mike offers Bella.

"Who's this?" Mike asks as he points to Lucine. "Hi, I'm Lucine. Bella's sister."—"Twins," Eric says as he takes a seat in between the girls. "Oh, I heard there was another Swan; The name's Mike." He says with an outstretched hand. Lucine shakes his hand lightly.

"You met my homegirls, Bella and Lucine?" Eric says with a smirk towards Mike. "Oh, you're homegirl?" Completely forgetting Lucine. "My girl," Tyler said as he quickly ran up and kissed Bella on the cheek before pulling out Mike's chair and getting chased around the cafeteria.

"Oh my god," Jessica spoke as she got closer to Bella. "It's like first grade all over again and you're the shiny new toys." Lucine and Bella laughed awkwardly at Jessica's blatant jealousy.

"Say cheese," Angela said as she snapped a picture of the girls. "Sorry, needed a candid for the feature," Eric interjected this time. "Features dead Angela. Don't bring it up again." Angela sighed as Eric left. "Guess we'll just run another editorial on teen drinking,"

Lucine spoke up this time. "You could always run one on eating disorders or speedo padding on the swim team." Jessica and Angela looked at each other. "Actually, that's a good one," Angela said with a smile. "Kirk. Right? that's exactly what I thought."

Bella nudged her sister as she moved closer. "Nice Luce." Lucine shrugged slyly. "I worked in the paper in our old school in Arizona remember? I'm kind of a pro." She said making her sister laugh at her pretend arrogance.

Suddenly, Bella's attention got caught by the Cullens. Shit, Lucine thought to herself as she locked eyes with Emmett. She blocked out Jessica and Angela explaining to Bella who they were. The fear crept back into her chest. She locked eyes with Edward for a split second before his eyes focused on Bella.

Just as she looked at Jasper, she could tell he was trying to use his ability on her to calm her down. Probably for his own sake.

What do you people want? She asked knowing that Edward could hear her. She was more discreet about her interest in them than her sister was but Bella was never the most skilled in keeping her feelings secret. Edward turned to his family, probably telling them what Lucine said.

Rosalie and Emmett looked at her as if contemplating whether to talk to her or not. Tell them to meet me after lunch. She thought watching as Edward turned and spoke to them. They looked back just slightly nodding enough to her to see.

***

"I'll meet you in class. I just have to do something real quick." Bella looked at her skeptically but nonetheless nodded and headed to biology. Lucine nodded as she waited in the hallway for them. She wanted so badly to see the hilarity of Bella's and Edward's first encounter. She always thought it was funny how he reacted. Dangerous of course but funny. Lucine was snapped out of her thoughts as Emmett's big mass stood in front of her. She didn't feel as scared as she did before, other Lucine didn't dare pop up.

She looked up at him calmly, her heart rate even. "You guys have been staring at me all day. Just say what you want to say." Rosalie looked at Lucine with a certain emotion in her eyes. She almost looked sad.

"You haven't told anyone have you?" Lucine looked at them confused. "What are you talking about?" Rosalie scoffed before stepping closer. "Don't play dumb. Have you told anyone about what you saw in the forest last summer?" Lucine raised an eyebrow as she ran her mind through other Lucine's memories but nothing came up.

They looked at her realizing that she wasn't lying. "You really don't remember," Rosalie said in shock.

Just when she was about to speak that blurry memory popped up giving her a big headache. It felt like her head was being split open as the memory started to clear. She swayed as she held her head, Emmett catching her before she fell. She screamed as the pain got worse and the image cleared. She could see a blurry figure crouching over something. The pain got worse and worse.

"We have to take her to Carlisle," Emmett spoke as Rosalie nodded. Almost immediately after, Lucine lost consciousness and they sped off to the Cullen's home to get her help.