Chapter Two

What you ask you shall receive.

Gianna's comment about wanting Miles as her teacher was just that. A comment. She never expected him to walk into the classroom dressed in a burgundy blazer with the matching slacks and a black button up underneath. She took a sip of her coffee to keep her mouth from going agape.

"I'm Miles Delgado. You all might know me from my best seller, "Better Days". I will be replacing Alex O'Neal since he finally decided to retire." He spoke making everybody in the rather small room chuckle. It was a known fact that Professor O'Neal was pushing 75 and he didn't want to leave the program. But the organization asked him to since both his curriculum and state of mind were outdated. He didn't mind once he saw the check that was involved.

"Since this class is small, I want everybody to introduce themselves. And tell us your favorite book. Mine is "Ethereal" by Ivy Carter." Miles finished as he sat on the edge of the desk. The rotation started as each student shared their information. Gianna was last to go since she sat all the way in the back.

"Hey y'all. I'm Gianna Graye and my favorite book is "Ethereal" by Ivy Carter as well." Gianna hesitated before speaking. She didn't want to sound like a kiss up but that was actually her favorite book after all of the ones Miles wrote. She definitely wasn't going to say that one of his books were her favorite or everyone would think she was trying to get in good with the professor.

"Good taste, Miss Graye. Take a seat up here for me. So we can get a better look at you."  Gianna grabbed her things and moved to the seat that Miles pointed to, which was right in front of his. She couldn't tell if he remembered her from the reading or not but she wasn't going to ask.

_____________________

Miles went over the quick syllabus and dismissed the class early. He told them that they would begin tomorrow since the group met up three days out of the week. "Miss Graye.." He called her name as she was the first one to past in front of his desk. Gianna stopped in her tracks with her laptop in her arms.

"Yes?" She answered and Miles watched as all of the students went behind her and exited the room.

"I thought you said I was your favorite author." Miles interlocked his fingers as he looked up at her.

"I said that I loved your work." She retorted and Miles chuckled at her response. "I didn't think you remembered me." She clutched on her computer tighter and adjusted her backpack strap on her shoulder.

Miles never forgot a pretty face, but he knew he'd be crossing the line if he said it out loud. "You're the first person I know who read shitty ass lost and found and made the decision to keep reading."

Gianna gasped, "It was not shitty! I used to wish it was a whole book. I will say that your writing has improved over the years though."

Miles nodded in agreement. "Did you finish the book?"

"Yeah." She answered and by the look Miles gave her, he wanted her to elaborate. "I don't really know how I feel about the ending though. Like I'm glad they ended up together but I think that Atlas didn't get enough justice."

Miles nodded his head slowly as he listened to her feedback. It was the first one he heard where someone felt the way Gianna did. "Well I can't wait to see your work, Miss Graye. I'll see you tomorrow." He told her and Gianna waved goodbye.