Chapter Six

2 weeks later

"Make sure you girls practice at home! We're learning the next part Wednesday." Gianna announced to her class of 5 and 6 year olds. The group of young girls dispersed as they gathered their belongings and waited for their parents to pick them up.

Gianna sat on the floor Indian style and grabbed her laptop and water bottle out of her bag. Karter sashayed over to her aunt and laid her head on Gianna's shoulder. "Can we leave teetee?"

"You know we have to wait til everybody else leaves, Tootie." She called her by her nickname as she opened her laptop and went to her latest assignment document. Miles had been keeping his students busy. At the end of each workweek, they had to submit a new chapter for whatever prompt he had given them. The group was learning how to give useful criticism as well as learning how to effectively use it.

"Ms. G!" Her student, Amelia, ran over to her. Her blonde pigtails bounced as she ran in her pink ballerina attire. "My uncle is here." She'd spotted him from the window in the dance room.

"Okay baby. You got all your stuff?" Gianna sat her computer to the side and got up to escort Amelia out.

"Yeth." Amelia replied and Gianna chuckled because of her lisp. It was so adorable to her. Amelia's ocean blue eyes lit up as she saw her uncle at the front of the ballet studio. "Hiii!" She dragged as she ran up to him.

"What's up Melia?" The man scooped her up in his arms. Now, Gianna had assumptions about Amelia's family and from what she could tell, they came from old money. Amelia's mom was a bit older and was always dressed in vintage designer pieces. Especially Chanel. And from the very few times she'd met Amelia's father, he always looked like he'd stepped out of an important board room meeting.

So to see Amelia's uncle dressed in great street style kind of caught her off guard. She was expecting to see a Conner dressed in a diamond plaid sweater vest and khakis.

"You must be Ms. G. She talks about you all day at home." He said making Gianna smile. "Never mentioned you were this beautiful though." He added while putting Amelia down on her feet. She went into her backpack to play on her iPad while her uncle and Gianna talked.

"Thank you." She blushed. "I love having Amelia in my class, she's a great dancer." Gianna lied with a smile on her face. Truth be told, Amelia was always confused about the steps and easily got distracted during practice. Dancing wasn't her strong suit, but that line was always something Gianna said to the families of her students.

"She must only use the skills here cause I never saw her be a great dancer. But I'll take your word for it."

Gianna swallowed her laughter before she spoke again, "Come to the Christmas recital and you'll see! My girl can do a mean plié."

The guy whose name she still didn't know chuckled. "I don't know what the hell that is but I'll be there to see."

"Okay." She smiled. "Bye Amelia, see you Wednesday." Gianna waved and so did Amelia as she grabbed her uncle's hand.

"Same time Wednesday Ms. G?"

"It's Gianna and yes Mr. Amelia's Uncle."

He chuckled at the name she'd given him. "That's cool or you can call me Jared, or whatever you want. It don't matter." He grinned while flirting with her.

"Bye." She laughed while turning around and heading back to the rest of the girls. 20 minutes later, all of the girls were gone and it was just her and Karter on the way to her parent's house.

Making a quick detour to CVS, to say she was embarrassed was an understatement as she picked up her prescription from the drive thru. Antibiotics for chlamydia was the last type of medication she thought she'd be taking.