Chapter Twenty Four

"B, how do you expect to do all this in four days?" Gianna reviewed the itinerary Brooke had been preparing for the past three months. She had every cliche tourist attraction listed, from walking on Hollywood Boulevard and browsing the stars to trying In-N-Out Burger in its origin state.

"It's not an often thing to be on an all expenses paid trip. So I'm making the most out of this."

"You're right." Gianna agreed as she continued to read down the list. "Go to a casino in Las Vegas? Do you know how far Vegas is from LA?"

"That was an optimistic one." Brooke laughed as she grabbed her phone back. "I know you plan on spending all your time with your man but can you spare me a couple of hours?"

"Of course! I already told him I can't leave you hanging. He then tried to switch my seat next to his, thinking I wasn't serious but I promised you."

"Wow, thank you for remaining with the common folk for me." Brooke gasped as Gianna laughed.

"I know you'd do the same for me." She smiled. "We can do some things on your list while he's at his movie meetings."

"Perfect! I can see us on Rodeo Drive right now." Brooke gushed, thinking about how she'd spend all of the money she sat aside at designer stores.

"And the beach." Gianna joined in on her raving as she thought about all of the bikinis she'd packed. She was eager to soak up the sun and feel the ocean and sand between her toes.

Their three hour flight went by quickly and before they knew it, they were touching ground in the City of Angels.

Their whole class was outside of the busy airport, awaiting the sprinter that Campbell & Harlow's rented for them. Each of the students leaned against their suitcases and occasionally used their hands to shield their faces from the beaming sun. None of them was dressed for the dry heat that inhabited Los Angeles, their attire reflecting the wet, frigid, and grey weather of Seattle.

Gianna could feel the perspiration ready to seep out of her pores, and unlike everyone else, she wasn't going to stand there and take it. She lifted her sweatshirt over her head uncovering her bralette, which didn't leave much imagination, and the three stones that dangled from her navel piercing.

"I know you've been waiting to come out of that since we got on the plane. I'm betting you don't have anything in your suitcase that qualifies as a full shirt." Brooke teased as she unzipped and took off her jacket.

"And don't." She smiled. Her eyes went to Miles, who stood in front of her, and he shook his head but wasn't surprised that she showing some skin.

"Gianna your hair is so pretty!" Jodie, one of their classmates, told her as she walked into her gaze with her friend, Kensley. "Who did it?" She admired the immaculate knotless braids that bounced at the ends of the winding curls.

"She did." Gianna said monotonously as she pointed over at Brooke.

"You're so talented. I follow your page. Everything you do is so nice and neat." Kensley added and Brooke thanked the both of them.

"I'm definitely booking an appointment soon. With that classmate discount, hopefully." Jodie lightly laughed.

"There isn't one." Gianna responded for Brooke with her face turning up.

"Ah, there she is." Jodie nodded her head while folding her arms. "For a second you had me thinking the old Gianna had disappeared."

"We both know that brain of yours isn't very functional, so your thoughts are unreliable."

"It's functioning well enough to get me here. Do you remember when we used to dream about going to Campbell & Harlow's together, Gigi? Or did you push that memory to the back of your giant brain?" Her tone was evidently condescending and sarcastic, both Brooke and Kensley felt out of place as the girls stared each other down.