Chapter Thirty Two

The warmth from the spotlights heated his skin as he sat across from the third journalist of the day, Aaliya Nicole courtesy of The Writer's Block Magazine. He'd been answering the same variety of questions over and over again, but he didn't mind and tried to give each of them a different version of the same answer.

"This is the first time in a couple of years you're releasing something and I know I speak for so many fans when I say we're eager to see what you have planned! How does it feel to be back after all of this time? How was your hiatus?"

"I appreciate that, thank you. My career began about fifteen years ago and I've never taken a break or a vacation or anything like that. So after Pray You Catch Me: the movie premiered, I just took a step back and focused on me and my family, and that was for sure one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'm excited to be back though and for everyone to see what I've been working on over the years."

"That's amazing! How did Travis pull you out of your bubble and convince you to work with him on Whispers in the Bayou?" The young lady enthusiastically asked him.

"Travis is a persuasive person. He came to me with the ideas of voodoo, former slaves as vampires, and using New Orleans to portray the setting. It all were things that had been done before, but the mystery is what got me. I can't spoil it obviously," Miles chuckled a little as he adjusted in his seat. "But it's very well crafted and unique compared to other things in supernatural media, and I'm happy to be a part of it."

"I don't expect anything less than greatness from the two of you. July 30th, guys. Whispers in the Bayou will be out in a theater near you, make sure to check it out!" Aaliya turned towards the camera that was taping their conversation with a smile.

"Yeah, do what she said." Miles cosigned, making her giggle. He noticed how her dimples sunk in when she did, reminding him of someone.

"We have a few minutes of your time left, so one more question. There have been whispers, no pun intended," She smiled more, hearing a chuckle escape from him. "About a new book from you as well. Can you tell us anything about that?"

"Ahh," Miles rubbed his beard, thinking about what he wanted to say about it. He wasn't expecting to get questions about his newest book so soon and was still anxious about it coming out into the world since he never planned for it to be read by anyone else.

"Fallen is the name of it. It's something I've been working on for a couple of years, on and off. It's also really personal to me, I wrote it when I was experiencing it in real time."

"So this is based on a true story?"

"More or less. The events are different but the messages are the same."

"And what are they?" Aaliya crossed her leg over the other, completely intrigued.

"That love knows people, not time or the circumstances. The person may be right, but the time isn't, and sometimes you have to let people go, even when they mean everything to you." He scratched the back of his neck, "It's completely out of the ordinary from what I'm used to sharing, so it's nerve-wracking."

"I think that it's brave and honorable that you are willing to be vulnerable out in the open. It's so refreshing." She thought it was extremely attractive too. "Since it's so different from what you're used to, what made you decide to publish it?"

"My mom. I have no idea how she came across the manuscript but she couldn't leave me alone about it. My agent, Lance, too thought it was a good move, and after all these years, all of their persuasion has been successful, so you all should thank them."

"Thank you, Mom and Lance!" The journalist's eyes slimmed as she smiled. "Is there a set date for publication?"

"In a few weeks on May 20th, but I will be a part of this year's Beyond The Bookshelf and whoever comes and sees me will be granted early access."