Chapter Fourteen

Standing in front of the mirror, Gianna strained to hold her diffuser in a comfortable position while she focused on the back of her head. Her arms were aching and she was wishing she'd just touched up the slicked back bun she had earlier in the day.

Gianna let out a deep sigh of relief as she set the dryer on the bathroom counter. Her hair wasn't completely dry but at this point, she was just going to let the rest of it air dry. She ran her fingertips over her swooped baby hairs after taking off her satin scarf and then twirled the pieces of hair that were in front of her ears. Gianna tapped her phone to see if it was nearing the end of the hour Miles gave her.

From previous experiences, Gianna figured it would be best if she was on time. Her time management skills weren't the best so she was really rushing.

Taking a shower, redoing her hair into a more presentable style, and putting on a little bit of makeup took up most of her time. She still didn't have an outfit picked out to put on.

After rummaging through her small closet, she chose a tightly fitting olive green jumpsuit with a zipper pulled down far enough to show some cleavage, but not enough to show her bra. She always felt the need to show some type of skin, no matter what the weather app said. Gianna paired it with her Doc Martens which happened to match the patent leather that was on her long trench coat along with a tan fur trim and lining.

Just as Gianna was tieing the laces on her boots, she felt her phone vibrate along with the sound of her ringtone. "Hello?" She set the phone on speaker while she continued to do final touches. Putting on some jewelry, spritzing her perfume on all of her pressure points, and doing her first lipgloss application of the day.

"Hey, beautiful." His husky voice saying those words made a smile find its way onto her face. "How you want me to go about this? I'm riding past the dorms and they got a lot of people out here." Miles looked at all of the young adults through his tinted windows. They reminded him of his college days when he was just starting to get facial hair, tattoos, and muscle.

"Just come around the back and I'll come get in the car." Gianna said while looking at her appearance through the mirror. She threw miscellaneous items into her tote bag before leaving out of her dorm room and going down the back stairwell. When she opened the door, she shook her head as she saw Miles standing against his truck that was parked by the edge of the forest.

"This is soo discreet." Gianna teased him once she walked over to him. "I remember you asking me what I wanted you to do, but I don't recall telling you to get out of the car. Kinda beats the purpose." She playfully narrowed her eyes while looking at him.

"I put on a hat, what you mean?" A charming smile graced his face as he spoke about the black San Francisco 49ers baseball cap he was wearing.

"Omg, I totally wouldn't recognize who you are!" She sarcastically gasped, earning a chuckle from him. Miles opened the passenger door for her and Gianna thanked him as she got inside.

The fresh scent filled her nostrils and 90's rap music played from his aux as she quickly observed the interior of the car. It was spotless, looking as if Miles had just picked it up from the dealership. Gianna would usually assume that he'd cleaned it for her, but once she saw the hand sanitizer in the cup holder and then the disinfecting spray and wipes in the door, she was starting to think he was some type of germaphobe.

Miles quickly got inside and turned up the heat. He got his legs comfortable before looking over at Gianna who seemed nervous to him as she looked out of the darkly tinted windows, rubbing her lips together. "I'm surprised you was ready on time. I thought you was gonna have me waiting all day. You know how you be."