TWO | EPILOGUE

Her body jerked as the seamstress tightened the bodice of her custom wedding gown. The wedding date was slowly inching closer and the planning process was going smoothly. She was so thankful that all parties were all in to make this her dream wedding, the one she'd imagined since a little girl, into a reality.

As her dress designer Farrah worked around her body with pins, Gianna admired the masterpiece of a gown in the giant mirror. The flesh illusion mesh blended in with her copper skin like a second covering. Fine beaded lace trickled onto the mesh then continued to the curve-enhancing silhouette where more elegant beading was gracefully appliquéd by hand.

Her favorite part was the abstract, butterfly-like sleeves that were off of the shoulders and came together in the back. She felt like a divine princess every time she had the opportunity to put it on, and that feeling was a bit overwhelming for her. It made it extra real, reminding her that she'd soon be the only one in white.

"You look gorgeous, G." Phylicia complimented her from the couch as she accompanied her on this appointment. Her heart swelled with excitement and anticipation, counting down the days until her son finally got married to a woman he loved deeply and who she adored as well.

"I agree! I can't wait to see you in it, in person again." Brandy cheerfully spoke from the FaceTime video.

"Miles better cry when he sees you or we'll have to run the whole thing back." Brooke, who was also on the call, said as the other women laughed.

"I don't know if he'll cry. What do you think, Licia?" Gianna asked her mother-in-law, looking at her through the glass. Phylicia's high cheekbones were well molded and her feminine features caught the sunlight that snuck into the boutique from the floor-to-ceiling windows.

"Miles always surprises me when it comes to you, so I'm not sure either. But he better do more than just smile."

As Brooke and her mom agreed, Gianna was in her own head, smoothing her hands over the embellishments on the dramatic skirt. She didn't expect Miles to be boohooing and inconsolable at the altar, and wouldn't be rethinking their marriage if he wasn't.

She didn't need tears as validation of his love for her since he'd proven himself completely enamored with her time and time again. She wouldn't be able to see him crying anyway because she knew for sure her eyesight would be blurred from her own tears.

"Luna said she feels left out." Brandy joked as Brooke's baby began to coo amid them talking.

"Girl, this is all she does now. She forgot what it is to be quiet." Brooke laughed as she flipped her camera to show Luna bouncing in her walker as Brandy requested to see her.

"Brooke, your genes didn't even try to fight. I swear she's Leo's twin."

"Ms. Brandy, don't get blocked now."

"She doesn't play about that, Mama. It's a touchy topic." Gianna laughed before nodding as she received the okay to change back into her regular clothes. "I'm so excited to see my Goddaughter again." She smiled.

"Chile, I don't know how you'll see her. Leo is taking us to A.C.R.E.S. since the bed and breakfast is finished." Brooke flipped her camera before sitting her phone down and holding Luna in her arms as she began to whine.

Gianna quickly changed her expression once she remembered, "Oh yeah. I'll be swamped for the next few weeks anyway, but I'll come and see you guys soon."

"Okay, well let me know if there is anything I can help with the wedding. You know I'm taking my maid of honor title seriously." Brooke smiled before they said their goodbyes and hung up the phone.

Gianna took a progress picture before changing into a soft oatmeal cotton set, the wide legs of the pants blanketing over her brown and fluffy Uggs. She returned to her mother-in-law and they left the bridal boutique.