Chapter Twelve

Miles sat at his desk, tapping the pen against it. His office hours were coming to an end and after assisting a couple of students, he figured nomore were coming through today.

He stood up from his chair and stretched his arms before starting to collect his things. The door opened and before he turned around to see who it was, he heard it close and lock.

"Time for one more?" Miles turned to see Gianna walking towards him, or so he thought. She walked over to the huge windows that gave the eye a view of the forest that was behind the building.

She looked out of the windows before closing the blinds. "I asked you a question, Professor." Gianna turned back to him, talking sweetly as she stood before him.

"You know I always have time for you." Miles wrapped his muscular arms around her body. He was grateful there weren't any cameras in the classrooms. All part of the trust Wright University had for its staff and students.

Picking her up, Miles sat Gianna on the clear part of his desk. "Well, what are you gonna do with it?" Gianna unbuttoned his shirt a bit and rubbed her hand on his chest while she looked up at him through her eyelashes.

"Right now?" Miles asked with confusion laced in his tone. He knew how paranoid Gianna was, but if she was down, so was he.

"Yes daddy." A smirk grimaced his face since she'd never called him the nickname before. He tried to lean down and kiss her but Gianna pushed him back.

"Daddy." She said again, making Miles' eyebrows furrow together. "Dad wake up!" Miles opened one of his eyes to see Chace standing over him. "Mom said breakfast is ready."

"Hap burtday!" Legend said happily while standing next to his brother.

"Alright." Miles spoke in his raspy morning voice. Once he felt awake enough, he grabbed his phone. Only to see that he had to be on campus in 30 minutes.

He jumped up and got dressed in a simple black button up and matching slacks. He rolled up the sleeves a bit and clasped his gold Cosmograph Daytona Rolex around his wrist.

Miles hurried down the stairs and saw them all sitting on the barstools by the island. He walked over to see a plate filled with food and assumed it was for him. Kennedy's cooking wasn't bad at all and by the way his stomach was grumbling this morning, he was definitely taking the plate to go.

"You going to work?" Kennedy asked even though the answer was evident. "I thought you were taking off today."

"I don't know why you thought that." Miles replied as he grabbed an extra paper plate to cover his food along with a plastic fork.

"Maybe because it's your birthday and we came up here to spend it with you?" Kennedy started to get a slight attitude the more she talked to him. Miles couldn't say exactly what he wanted to because the kids were right there and he had to get going.

"I'ma only be gone a couple of hours. You tripping." He told her while grabbing his food and car keys. Miles drove quicker than ever to get to Wright's campus. He ate as much food as he could before walking inside.

As Miles entered his classroom, he wish he'd just taken the day off. There was a small banner that read Happy Birthday draped across the whiteboard, a couple of balloons tied to his chair, and a small birthday cake sitting in the middle of his desk. He already knew Jerome was behind all of this.

"Jesus Christ." Miles shook his head making the students laugh. He moved the cake out of the way to get ready to continue his lesson from yesterday. Explaining the rules on writing good poetry and giving them a couple to analyze as homework.