SIX | EPILOGUE

"Remember it's tip to root. It's less painful that way." Gianna sat on the couch in front of their bed, chewing on one of her usual, unusual cravings as Miles detangled her curls. Since they were having a daughter, he felt it was only right he learned to manage her hair. His cast was finally off after a long eleven weeks, and their lessons began once he was no longer feeling stiff.

Gianna guided him as he washed her hair in the shower. It also became a bonding experience for the two of them as she showed him the ropes.

"Now you want to act scared to pull my hair, I need you to hold it like you mean it." Gianna said. His soft touch would only have him combing out her hair all day.

"I don't want to hurt you." Miles chuckled, using the Denman brush in sections like she instructed him to.

"I have a lot of products in my hair, so I should be fine. I'll let you know if it hurts though." Gianna reached forward to grab her phone and read her incoming text. "Aww, Leo bought Luna and the baby matching pink convertibles. And Brooke says that we need to hurry and pick out her name because it's supposed to go on the little license plate."

"I'm getting my list together so we can share." Miles used his fingers to comb the deep conditioner into her hair. He was finding it more therapeutic than he anticipated it to be. "Alright, I'm done." He announced, sitting the products down on the bed and using the towel to wipe his hands.

Gianna got up, waddling a little to the mirror on the side of their bed to check out his work. She examined her appearance from top to bottom. Her hair coiled and conditioned decently, her belly poking out under her white crop top and over her panties, almost covering up her toes.

"You did good, my love." She placed both of her hands on his face and kissed him. "Can you help me button my jeans too?" Her smile was small and hopeful as she rested her hands on his shoulders, placing more kisses on his cheeks and neck.

"Of course." Miles held the pants open as she stepped inside each leg and buttoned them underneath her stomach. They were a baggy true blue denim that had a matching oversized jacket. She paired them with a white headband just behind her baby hairs and checkerboard slip on Vans. Miles got ready to leave as well, they soon had to be at Chase's high school football game where he was playing on the offensive side.

As they made it to the stadium, it buzzed with excitement from the attendees and school pride from the marching units. After a quick photo session and stop at the concession stand, Gianna and Miles found a seat on the bleachers on Chase's school's side. They game hadn't started yet but Gianna took a video of Chase's crush doing her routine with the other cheerleaders to show him later.

"Can I have a piece, babe?" Gianna asked watching him eat the warm and buttery pretzel. She'd gotten a spicy pickle and nachos for herself but wasn't expecting the pretzel to look as good as it was.

Without fuss, he held it up to her mouth so she could take a bite. She kissed and held him close in return, sharing her nachos with him as well. As Chase's team began to make their grand entrance, they both stood up, clapping and cheering him on and he'd spotted them from the field, waving with a big, Miles-like smile.

"Hey, my baby!" Miles heard an all too familiar voice from behind them, turning to see Chase's mom walking towards them after taking a picture of Chase. "Hey, Miles." Kennedy waved, looking between the both of them then to Gianna's pregnant belly that she displayed with pride.

"Kennedy." He nodded to acknowledge her presence. "You know my wife, Gianna."

"Yes, my son talks about you a lot. Nice to finally meet you." Kennedy smiled with her hand out, observing Gianna in person rather than on her social media.