Chapter Forty

She spotted her family, roaming the quarters and got up from her seat to welcome them properly. She knew the city of Chicago would be one stop to remember.

"Shane!" Gianna tapped her shoulder and her eyes widened when she saw a big and round belly when Shane turned around.

"Gianna!" Shane smiled widely, holding her arms out to pull her closer. Hendrichs side eyed the both of them, wondering if he was invisible since she had yet to acknowledge his presence.

"You know that it's us who are related, right?" He said as they pulled apart, making their eyes finally cut to him.

"You married her, so we are related as well." Gianna folded her arms, exchanging grins with her cousin's wife.

"It's okay babe, not everybody carries this charm." Shane laughed as she grabbed his hand, her oval shaped wedding ring and the rest of her diamond stack blinging and catching the sunlight that shone through the windows.

"It's really a compliment since you two are literally perfect for each other. But obviously, I'm happy to see you too Hayes. We aren't each other's favorite cousins for nothing." Hendrichs smiled, unable to play mad with his baby cousin who'd he forever have a soft spot for. He leaned down to hug her, both of them happy to be in each other's company since it sadly wasn't a constant thing for them.

"Where is Nate and Adonis?" Gianna asked about their boys who were usually attached at their hips. "And who is this?" She gently placed her hand over Shane's belly after asking for her permission.

"They're with your auntie at some water park. It's mommy and daddy's date day." He smiled looking down at his wife, wrapping his arm around her waist. Gianna found their love so admirable, both of them coming a long way and becoming the best versions of themselves before giving their all to each other. She loved how they were each other's twin flames, so similar and opposite that they were meant to be together. 

"And this is Phoebe. She'll be with us by September." Shane lovingly looked back up at him as she placed her hand over his.

"Another girl boss! The world will be a better place now that we're blessed with another Shane."

"Enough about us, show us around! Where is your book?" Hendrichs asked, cutting their girl talk short.

Gianna looked back towards her table, hoping that Miles wasn't there since she knew from previous experience that Hendrichs wasn't his biggest fan.

"My table is just over there."Gianna smiled and brought them over. "I'm so sad that Lena was busy. Please give this to her for me." She passed Hendrichs the books she'd personalized for all of the Hayes' in her heart.

"You know Lena, she's distraught that she couldn't make it. But I may or may not have heard that she'll be surprising you in another city, so you might want to keep this." Shane smirked suggestively and gave Gianna that copy back.

"Well let me grab one for my new cousin so I can be the first book in her library." Gianna sat down, picking up her marker to pen something for the new addition to their family.

"You're the real big shot, huh G? Everybody else is sharing a table and you've got your own. Our bloodline continues to display greatness." Hendrichs made her chuckle and Shane roll her eyes. Her husband's ego never deflated, but she couldn't lie, his confidence was one of the many things she loved about him. But unfortunately, she couldn't tease them since their children were a part of this magical bloodline as Hendrichs coined it.

As Gianna and Hendrichs went back and forth on the accomplishments that carried with their mothers' maiden name, Shane observed the pretty promotional posters surrounding Gianna and noticed the ones that were next to hers. She'd recognized this name, it being one Hendrichs always threw salt on during his protective rants about Gianna. She didn't want him to see, knowing it would trigger an argument between the two of them and ruin the sweet moment.