SEVEN | EPILOGUE

Being a mom was just as delightful as she imagined it to be. Even with the late nights and early mornings that came with taking care of a baby, Gianna couldn't imagine her life without Alaia in it. She'd existed for eighteen months, been out of the comfort of Gianna's womb for nine, and easily had everyone in that house wrapped around her grabbling fingers.

"Gigi, I think she should wear this." Karter came down the illuminated steps to the kitchen where Gianna was bathing Alaia in the sink. She'd been staying in California with her aunt for the past week and would be leaving when the Christmas holiday was done. Gianna and Miles were hosting this year, inviting all of their family from all over to come and celebrate with them.

Karter was enjoying the luxurious lifestyle they lived, making it hard for her to go back home when her trip was over. Their parents, along with the rest of their families, were flying in next, and they were waiting for them to make it to the house from the airport once they landed.

"Okay, grab her towel for me please." Karter did as she asked, and Gianna wrapped the pink towel that had her name stitched into it around her. The front door opened, Miles and Chase's conversation carrying inside from the car. Hearing their voices, Alaia got excited, kicking her legs and talking loudly in baby language.

They joined them in the kitchen, completely engulfed by the welcoming familial energy. Miles kissed Alaia's chubby cheeks, making her giggle loudly after greeting Gianna with one.

"I passed my learner's permit test, Gigi." Chase beamed with pride.

"So you get to drive and have a car?" Karter asked, intrigued by the idea.

"Yup. I'm getting a Tesla."

"Your mama must be getting it for you." Miles said, observing the Christmas decor Gianna put up that surrounded the kitchen sink. She'd decided to go with a Christmas lodge theme, tastefully drowning the house in plaid and lit up greenery. There was a Christmas tree in nearly every room, some having multiple, and little ones in the bedrooms. The guest rooms were even decorated with holiday flair.

"Congrats, Chase. I know you'll do great with whatever kind of car you get." Gianna smiled before stepping away to get Alaia dressed on the couch.

As they had a little mother and daughter moment, Gianna talked to Alaia. Although she was a baby and didn't understand yet, Gianna constantly told her stories and sang to her, knowing she'd have these memories, even if Alaia didn't. She always demonstrated things for her as she aimed to do for the rest of her life, and Alaia happily followed her lead.

Gianna successfully taught her to blink, smile, and crawl. With Miles' encouragement, they'd gotten her to say dada and were actively working on getting her to say mama. They were so close to mastering waving hi and bye, and using furniture to support her standing up.

She was also Gianna's twin, and Miles never let her forget it. Not only did they share the same complexion, Alaia inherited Gianna's whole face. Her eyes, weirdly her eyebrows, and a dimpled smile that only added to her preciousness. She was born with a full head of curly hair, like Gianna as Brandy insighted, that continued to grow with the rest of her.

Alaia was growing so fast daily, that Gianna only wished that time would slow down as she was struggling to catch up with it. But she'd also learned to find joy in every moment.

The wealth they had was indeed a blessing, along with their careers being their lifelong dreams, but it was nothing compared to the time they spent with each other and their children.

After styling her hair in two fluffy pigtails, Gianna stood Alaia up on her legs, showing her love to her by kissing her until she was in an uncontrollable laughing fit.