THREE | EPILOGUE

"Why are you calling me?" Dessi asked once Gianna's line connected to hers. "Your wedding is tomorrow. There's nothing I can do for you, unless you unfortunately and desperately need help with something regarding that."

"No, rude. I'm just calling to make sure that you got my updated press statement? I added something important in there this morning and I want that one to go out. I also need you to make sure everything is in order for the Writer's Block photo shoot, too. Like the hair, make up, war-"

"Gianna."

"What?" She bit the tip of her freshly done acrylics, her nail tech side eyeing her as she did the finishing touches on her left hand.

"I know how to do my job. Quite great at it, if I say so myself. Everything will be in order when you come back in a few weeks." Gianna could hear the clicks of her computer mouse from the other side of the phone. "Are you nervous and projecting onto other areas in your life?"

She wanted to roll her eyes at her psychoanalyzations. But more so at the fact that Dessi had her dead right. "I mean, I'm about to make one of life's biggest commitments, of course, I'm nervous." She huffed, finally able to admit it out loud.

"For what it's worth, I think you and Miles are great together. A PR gift and curse, but amazing together nonetheless. I think you'll be fine."

"Oh, we're a curse now?"

"Yes when the circumstances of your relationship are controversial. Also, it doesn't help with you getting into it with haters in the comments."

"I've only responded a few times." Gianna attempted to defend herself. Her family usually beat her to going back and forth with people who had uninvited comments about her life. It wasn't a rare thing and it was exasperating that people who didn't know her or Miles in real life made bizarre assumptions about their relationship. It was the one thing she hated about being a face in the media.

"The last girl deserved it. I posted a picture of me and my nieces, she had no reason to talk about my relationship. She got what she was looking for though." Gianna pursed her lips together, a part of her soul still not at ease with the situation.

"Since we're giving unsolicited opinions Jasmine, I think that you should worry about that wig that's ripping out your edges and receding your hairline, and go raise enough money for that go fund me before you comment on someone else's life." Dessi read her response off of the post, making Gianna chuckle. "Her wig really is terrible, I can't even lie."

"Okay! Like make sure you're straight before you come for somebody, sis." The girl was lucky that she'd got Gianna instead of another Graye who wouldn't dare be as nice about it as Gianna was.

"True, but we're better than that, Gigi. Responding to trolls isn't gonna get you more readers or any of the accolades you're striving for." Her genuine response made Gianna smile faintly. She always knew there was more to Dessi than the tough exterior she put out. "I have to go, but don't overthink this like you usually do. I'll see you tomorrow."

Once they hung up, Gianna felt a little more relieved and relaxed. She thanked and paid her nail tech before leaving the suite and heading towards her home.

It felt like the boxes that lined the hallways of their new house were now a part of the family, following them from one house to the next. She walked further inside to see Chase sitting on the brand new couch in the living room with his navy blue and khaki school uniform on.

"Hey Chase. You feeling alright?" She asked, seeing him sitting there and staring into space.

He turned around to respond to her, but quickly went back forward when he saw Miles making his way behind her. Miles didn't say anything, only kissed her on her forehead to acknowledge her presence.