Chapter Fifteen

Brooke sat in her chair, rereading one of her favorite books, A Good Girl's Guide To Murder. She was at the salon and had a couple of hours before her next appointment since she had a cancellation. The shop accepted walk-ins, so she stayed in between appointments for a chance to make some extra money.

There were six stylists in the shop, including her. Chatter filled the room as everyone else was busy with their clients while also engaging in conversation.

The doorbell chimed as a customer walked in with her son trailing behind her with his head deep into a phone.

"Welcome to Flawluxe, how can I help?" The receptionist smiled her way and used the most polite attitude.

"Hi, I'd like to get a takedown and reinstall sew in if possible?"

"One second." The receptionist stepped from behind her counter and up to Brooke's station. "Are you good for a takedown and reinstall sew in?"

"Yeah send her over." Brooke closed her book and dropped it in her bag before picking out all of the supplies she needed to do the service.

"Alright. Brooke over there will do your service. Can I have your name?"

"Kennedy Harper." She watched as the receptionist wrote her name in the books.

"You're all set!" Kennedy gave her a smile before turning to her son and making sure he was fine then walked to Brooke's station.

As Kennedy sat in Brooke's chair, she introduced herself and got the formalities out of the way before going into her head. "This is your first time here?" Brooke asked as she wasted no time, going in and cutting out the old thread. She liked for her clients to be as comfortable as possible, so she always tried to engage in conversation with them.

"Yes, this is my first time in Seattle actually. I'm moving here so I wanted to make sure I could find a shop meant for the sisters."

"That's a must." Brooke nodded her head, agreeing with her. "Where are you moving from?"

"LA. He got a new job out here, so me and the kids had to make the move too." Brooke nodded even though she didn't have the slightest clue who "he" was but she was assuming it was Kennedy's significant other.

"Wow, that's a big change. The cold and rain takes some getting used to, but besides that, it's nice." She commented as she began to unravel the first braid. The two took part in casual conversation throughout the process. Brooke was an easy person to talk to being that she wasn't judgemental and listened to understand. She could easily put another's shoes on her feet and offer the best advice she could.

Kennedy knew Brooke for merely an hour and was venting to her about everything that was on her mind.

"Am I crazy? Yeah, he said he was done but that's the same thing he said the last time we got into it, and then we were back together a couple of weeks later. So how can I not expect it to be the same now? Especially when he still does the same things as before. We're two kids in, been through so much together, and even almost got married. I just think that we shouldn't let all this time go to waste and just be together, you know?"

Kennedy had been ranting to Brooke as if she'd been waiting to get it off of her chest. She did feel bad for Kennedy because it seemed like she really loved her baby daddy and was trying her best to make it work.

"Mama, dad's on the phone." Chace came over with Kennedy's phone in hand. Brooke minded her business as she began to style her hair into some curls.

"Hello?" Kennedy put the phone to her ear since the shop was on the noisy side.