ONE | EPILOGUE

A YEAR LATER...

Miles sat across from the journalist in a director's chair that was centered in the middle of the tastefully decorated and sunlit set.

"Welcome to this exclusive interview with Miles Delgado everyone, and welcome Miles. It's been a whirlwind year for you. Just one year ago, we saw you at your sophomore movie premiere, and now, you're here as the founder of Orange Dahlia Studios, your very own production company under the esteemed Toussaint Publishing House." The journalist smiled warmly and gestured for the small audience to applaud him.

"Thank you for having me." Miles returned her smile and waved at the little ensemble.

"How has it been transitioning from a best-selling author to a business partner with Fred and Ava Toussaint? Can you tell us about this new venture and the birth of Orange Dahlia Studios? How does it feel to make such a significant leap in your career?"

"Fred and Ava are like family to me. Fred has always believed in me from the beginning and I'll always be grateful for that. The production company was born from my growing love of creating cinema, another way of storytelling, and Fred's outstanding faith in me. We wanted to continue to tell compelling stories but in ways other than literature. He loves to keep everything in-house, so it only made sense that we open our own studio space. It feels surreal that this is what my career has grown to, it's truly beyond what I could've imagined."

"It's definitely an exciting venture. Orange dahlias are known to symbolize inner strength, courage, creativity, joy, passion, transformation, and more. Was that your inspiration for the name?"

"All of those things are feelings we hope to evoke and embody with the production company, but no. I wanted to use that name because they're my lady's favorite flowers. She is also a part of the founding crew and it only felt right to name it with an ode to her. It feels even more right after learning the symbolism behind orange dahlias." Miles smiled ear to ear as he mentioned her, his adoration evident to the journalist and the audience.

She clasped her hands together, "Oh! Before we go any further, congratulations to you and Gianna on your engagement! You two have taken over the book world as a power couple, you with your legendary catalog, and Gianna with her vast social media presence and immensely popular and romantic chick lits that highlight every aspect of being a Black woman. Are any of her novels in production at Orange Dahlia? What kind of projects can we expect from you?"

"Thank you, and yes, we're sorting through them now to see which one will be her debut adaptation. Other projects will include original films and series written by myself and, or the multitude of talented writers that are already in the Publishing House or fresh new hires that we are accumulating. Our goal is to create a diverse range of content that speaks to everyone and reflects the beauties and complexities of the human experience."

The journalist was completely captivated as her eyes went from his to her note cards then back to his, "Miles, with Orange Dahlia Studios, how do you plan to distinguish yourself, and what sets Orange Dahlia apart from the rest?"

Miles paused for a moment, considering his response carefully. "That's a great question. Orange Dahlia Studios is driven by our passion for storytelling, and our primary focus is on creating a nurturing and respectful environment for both established and emerging writers, not who and what is going to make the most money. What sets us apart is our unwavering commitment to the artists behind the stories."

He continued, his conviction evident in his words. "In an industry where writers have sometimes had to resort to strikes just to get the wages and recognition they deserve, we're determined to change that narrative. At Orange Dahlia, we believe that the people who bring stories to life should be respected and fairly compensated from the start. Our writers are the heart of our productions, and we'll ensure they're treated as such."