Chapter Forty One

I remember this day so clearly. I was so happy and just...in love I guess lol. I felt how the stars really were aligning so perfectly.

Gianna's handwriting, a mix of print and cursive, swirled in the margins as she read what felt like a recap of the day she and Miles said those three words for the first time. The way he described everything was so on point with how she felt at the moment, and only let her know he felt the exact same things.

Wanting to savor some of the sweet moment, she began to highlight and doodle hearts around the quotes and descriptions she loved until they were able to board off of the plane.

"I can't wait to get to Atlanta to get in my own bed and get a little break." Gianna sighed to Brooke as she waited for her luggage to come around.

"I can't wait to get a break, either. I've been so busy lately, Gigi, and I won't have time to come and see you. I hate it here." Brooke's sadness was evident in her voice and Gianna felt the exact same way.

"Aw, it's okay. There's always next year. I hope we can still go on our trip?" She was optimistic to mask her slight disappointment.

"Yeah! Our trip is a go. I've already taken off for the days we decided on. I want you to read the book to me on the plane as a way to make up for my absence." Brooke made her laugh as she picked up her heavy suitcase off of the conveyor belt.

"You got that. I already have yours traveling with me, and I won't take it out of my suitcase." Gianna smiled as she pulled up the handle and made her way to the entrance after hanging up with Brooke.

"Leo Ravens!" She said his name excitedly as they met each other halfway. Leo's cheeks perked up, revealing the assortment of gold caps on his teeth. About every other tooth was a different design, ranging from smiley faces, pure opal stones, to floating letters with his initials.

"Girl, don't be saying the government out loud. You never know who's watching." He wrapped his arms around her but was completely serious.

"Sorry, Mr. Matrix. I just miss you."

"I miss you and your effervescent energy too, Gigi."

"Woah, big words. DC is changing you." She said as she pulled back from him. Leo shrugged his shoulders as he chivalrously took her luggage from her. "Or maybe it was the year you spent living in the middle of nowhere with cows as your besties."

"You would know if you came and visited me out there."

Gianna rolled her eyes, "You know that I couldn't survive more than a few hours in that lifestyle. I would have visited you here but you take forever and a day to text me, your best friend of almost ten years, back."

"I work every day, Gigi, but that's my bad." Leo guided her to his vintage oxblood red Chevy Camaro parked on the curb.

"And where is it do you work now?" She asked as they climbed in after he'd put her bags in the trunk.

"On Mondays and Wednesdays, I meet up with my therapy clients-"

"You mean your therapist?" Gianna raised her eyebrow and Leo shook his head.

"I'm their therapist."

"I'm sorry, did I miss the graduation for your bachelor's in psychology? Much less your master's?"

"In my client's eyes, those pieces of paper don't mean anything and I'm more relatable to them since we're on the same level, but I talk with them about their problems and offer guidance."

"Okay." She held her laugh back. It was just like him to blindly break the law. Or maybe it was intentional. She wouldn't be surprised if it was. "What about doctor-patient confidentiality?"