Chapter Forty Five

"Thank you so much." Gianna smiled gratefully at the girl whose book she'd just autographed. She looked up to see if anyone else was coming up next and she almost teared up when she saw her baby with her other baby in her little hands. "Karter! I've missed you so much!"

Gianna ran around the tables to stoop down and hug her tightly. She looked further in front of them to see her whole family there to support her. She left her table in the dust, feeling compelled to go over and say hello to the people she loved.

Gianna hugged Devin first since she was the closest to her. She gave her a quick side hug since she had Kodi sleeping in a baby sling on her chest. "Look at you, Gigi. I'm so proud, you don't even know." Devin looked as if she was on the verge of tears which wasn't surprising since she was the emotional one.

"Thank you." She smiled then went onto her mom who was standing with her arm interlocked with her father's. "Hey Mama and Daddy."

"Hey Gigi." Her dad said with an unreadable tone of voice. She didn't have much time to reflect on it since Devin pulled her out of her thoughts.

"So, where's Miles?" Devin asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Devin!" Brandy lightly scolded her.

"What? I want to meet him. But that only makes one of us." She said the last part quietly to Gianna who was trying to hold her laugh in.

"Not funny, Dev. Miles is here but he has some press right now, I think you guys will have to meet him at the house."

She heard her father grunt, a look of disapproval flashing through his eyes.

"Gigi, I've been telling all of my friends at school that I have the best auntie and she's famous." Karter smiled, her lips glossy as she nodded her head.

She put her hand over her chest as she pouted her lips. "How did I get so lucky with you?" Gianna pulled Karter closer by her shoulder.

"Daddy, the woman who wrote that heist movie you like so much is here. Would you like to meet her?" Gianna asked, trying to make conversation with him.

"Sure, baby girl. Where is she at?" As she explained how the event was organized in alphabetical order, her parents continued to hold her attention while Devin scoped the scene out, trying to find some kid friendly things for Karter.

"Oop." She whispered as she rocked back and forth, peeping out Miles in their vicinity. He was making his way over but was also being stopped on his way by different people.

"I'm making your favorite today, Gigi." Brandy let her know with a smile they exchanged. Before Gianna could respond, she surprisingly heard his voice politely interrupt their conversation and introduce himself.

"Good afternoon." He said, coming up beside her as she met his eyes.

"I thought you were busy?" Gianna asked him quietly.

"Don't worry about it." Miles shrugged his shoulders, returning his attention back to her family.

"Okay then," Gianna followed his gaze back to them who were all exchanging glances. "Y'all, this is Miles. Miles, this is my sister, Devin."

"Nice to meet you. Congratulations on the baby." Devin blushed as he shook her hand and smiled at her.

"Thank you! It's crazy to see you in person rather than on the back of the books that Gigi used to read. It's nice to meet you too." Gianna widened her eyes more than normal as she looked at Devin who only smiled.

"It's even more crazy that I'm reading her books now, isn't it?" Miles laughed with Devin who nodded her head.

He then moved on to Brandy whose smile was similar to Gianna's and Gino whose face remained neutral. "Well, you know my mom," Brandy waved and Miles waved back, "And this is my dad, Gino."