FOUR | EPILOGUE

The Divine Nine battle on the dance floor easily became a highlight of the night. Gianna watched from their table, smiling as she chowed down on the food in front of her.

"Is this your first time eating today or something?" Miles asked in a joking manner as he was in the chair beside her.

"Yes."

"Why?" His voice became laced with concern and hushed out from the loud music.

"Look at you, already acting like somebody's husband." She made him smile but didn't detour his mind from the subject.

"That's not even like you to go all day without eating. What's up with that?"

"I just didn't want to be bloated in my dress or the pictures. It's not that serious, babe." Gianna filled her mouth with another spoonful of gumbo that her grandmother stood over the stove for hours to make just for her. Before Miles could respond, they were interrupted by her cousins walking up to their table.

"Hey, Mrs. Delgado!" Shane smiled and spoke first, prompting Gianna to get up and embrace her and Hendrichs. "And Mr. Delgado." Shane waved at him with her free hand.

"Congrats on the nuptials, you two." Hendrichs said politely, shaking Miles' hand respectfully as he waited for his chance to embrace his cousin.

"Thank you." Gianna and Miles spoke in unison. A crowd soon swarmed them, everyone wanting to congratulate the newlyweds and catch up while also asking about their future. This went on for the next three hours, accompanied by more partying and gift giving before it was time for Gianna and Miles' departure.

Before they could officially leave, they had one more reaction to fulfill; cutting the cake. Miles' mom passed them the silver knife and server that was previously used at their union, and we're now being used at the union of the next generation.

Gianna put her hand on top of his before they pushed down into the red velvet delight and plated the first piece.

"Don't smash any cake on my face, please." She said through a smile as the photographer captured this moment.

"Why? It's fun." His response made her side eye him and noticed how he'd picked up the plate with a grin on his face.

"Miles, I'm not playing with you." Gianna warned him just as he was picking up a chunk of cake with his clean fingers. She did the same, holding a piece up to him so she wasn't the only one susceptible to a cake smash. Her eyes stayed on his as the sweets successfully made it in the other's mouth, but when he'd wiped excess frosting on her shoulder, she gasped and lightly pushed him as their audience clapped and laughed.

"That's not your face." She rolled her eyes at his smirk as they stepped to the side so others could get a slice.

He put his jacket on her shoulders to protect her from the brisk chill as they walked out of the reception hall and down the middle of the aisle created by all of their guests. At the end was where their closest family members resided, and with smiles on their faces, they said see you later for the next two weeks. Miles kissed Chase on his forehead as Gianna hugged him before she was called out by her mom.

"Your husband asked me to get this for you." Brandy passed her a bag full of the food they were serving. "I love you, my honey." Gianna could hear the tears that had been marinating all day in her voice.

"I love you too, Mom." Gianna squeezed her in a hug one more time before she and Miles got into the backseat of the driver's car and drove off with a Just Married sign and streamers following them.

_____________________

They were back in Gianna's hotel suite, and she ate the food her mom packed as Miles took all of the pins out of her hair so she'd be comfortable. She yawned, dropping her spoon on the napkin as she finished, and asked Miles to grab her makeup wipes as she accidentally rubbed eyeshadow off of her lids.