Momma's Girl

Alicia pointed at a picture of two people standing together and asked, "Who's that mommy?"

"That is me and your dad, back in school" Taylor replied, smiling at the picture. Then she turned her face towards Alicia and asked, "You like it?" Booping her nose.

"Yes. You look cute" The girl giggled and scrunched her nose.

The sun was shining at both of them as she grabbed the kid and layed on the soft grass, flooding back into the memories...........

15 years ago..........

Ellen was a new pupil in the school and Patrice was showing her around, filling her in with everything she needed to know to fit in with these crazy high school students. 

They were walking into the corridors when they heard a boy teasing,

"Look who's bleeding" said a tall and cute blonde man, with a boyish grin on his face, indicating that he loved teasing that girl.

"Piece off, Alwyn. At least I don't ride a skateboard if I don't know how to ride one" scoffed a tall girl, with black hair and pink highlights, who was putting a bandage on her knee which was slightly bleeding and was standing near her locker. 

"Whatever" The boy rolled his eyes, adjusted his school bag and walked off with 2 of his friends. 

Ellen and Patrice continued to walk. Patrice asked, "Hey, what is it with those two?"

"Them? The guy is Joe Alwyn and the girl is Taylor Swift. Okay, I'll tell you everything. Our classes are gonna start, so meet me in the cafeteria in the break, cool?" Ellen said, looking at her watch. 

"Sure" Patrice said as both off them marched towards their respective rooms for their classes. 

--------------------------------------------

At the cafeteria..........

Ellen and Patrice sat on the only table left empty. Patrice was munching on her apple while Ellen started narrating the whole story. 

"So, it happened 6th grade..............

Joe was a new student in this school that year. He became the captain of the junior swimming team pretty soon. So, there was a party at my house. Yes my house. Taylor was very popular already. Not like she was that villian mean girls type, but she was kind to be honest and popular too. So I invited her as well. And surprisingly, she showed up. However, I also invited Joe, because he was new and I didn't want him to be lonely. 

Taylor was wearing a cute pink summer dress and which obviously didn't look like an 11 year old's choice. She was just sitting on a chair, minding her own business when Joe casually walked towards her and said, "Look at your dress. What are you, a momma's girl or what?" 

Everyone hooted and booed. That was a pretty big thing for a 6 grader back then. 

Why, you ask? Because no one ever said or complimented negative about her dress, hair and anything actually. She was friendly but we were still afraid of her because of her popularity. Joe was new, had so much courage to get onto Taylor Swift? Taylor felt embarrassed and ran away from the party. And you know? She is originally blonde. But she dyed her hair. And it suits her pretty well. 

Joe ran behind her, apologizing, but Taylor was hurt and didn't listen to anybody. I've heard there's something going on with her parents.

Joe still admits that he never meant to insult Taylor. It just got out in a wrong way. But after that night, Taylor started to get rude and teased Joe constantly. So, why would Joe remain silent? Both of them started arguing and fighting. 

That was when Joe gained a lot of popularity. Taylor and Joe both became archenemies at that party that night when they first met, unintendedly. Weird, right?" Ellen finishes her narration as she saw Patrice totally amazed. 

"Whoa. I loved this story. So are they the only popular people?" Patrice inquired. 

"Yeah. The only two. They are in constant competition. But one thing, they never abused each other and never fought each other physically in this 5 year enemy-ship" Ellen answered, munching on her crispy burger. 

"You know what? I'm loving this school already" Patrice said. 

"I know you do"

-----------------------------------------------

Taylor walked out of the school with her friends. She is encountered by her boyfriend, Jake, who was an year older than her.

"Hey babe" He said as he pecked her lips.

"Hey. Looking handsome today" Taylor replied, with a smile on her face. She held his hand and with her roller skates in the other, walked towards Jake's motorcycle.

She glanced fiercely at her enemy, Joe, who was chilling with his friends with his school jersey on.

He looked at her, staring at him. He shouted, "What?"

"What?" She paused for a moment and then continued, "Oh this? This is me just hanging out with my BOYFRIEND" She grabbed Jake's hand tighter and raised it to show it off to Joe. "Where's your girlfriend?"

Everyone one gathered around and had their ears to their argument.

Joe looked down in embarrassment and then looked up again. He said, "She headed home. She had to do you know, study. Ever heard of it?" His friends yelled, "Whoooooo there you gooo"

"Looks like somebody forgot that I won this year's creative writing contest" Taylor exclaimed. Jake had a winning smile on his face seeing his girlfriend winning this fight.

Joe stood up and slowly walked towards her. He rolled his eyes and snapped, "I have tons of important thing to do than remembering your silly victories"

The anger was piling up inside Taylor as she didn't have anything to say further. She squeezed Jake's hand even tighter which didn't seem to bother him a lot. However, she eventually found something to snap back. "Don't act like you know anything else except swimming"

The crowed whooped. Taylor flipped her hair and was just gonna walk off when she heard Joe, again.

"Oh that colour of your crop top, it reminds me of something" He looked up and then continued, "Ahh, you're a momma's girl"

Everyone started laughing hard. They started chanting, "Momma's girl! Momma's girl!" Joe laughed for a while, but then stopped.

None of that effected her anymore. But the moment she realized Jake, her boyfriend, who was supposed to defend her, instead, tossed her hand and started laughing with everyone else. His voice echoed in her head.

She was overwhelmed by this. She started to walk away with her skates and Jake held her hand she stopped her.

"Don't bother. I'll be fine by myself, get lost!!!" She mumbled, loud enough for Joe and Jake to hear her. She wore her skates and skated off.

"Was I too rude?" Joe asked in a serious tone.

"Nah, man. You were fine. Come on. It was an argument" Jake replied casually. It was clearly visible that his girlfriend's insult didn't bother him at all.

Joe just headed home without saying a single word. He never liked to insult anyone. He always respected women and everyone. He was a good guy. He knew that that night always triggered and traumatized Taylor but it just came out in the heat of the moment. He regretted it. He genuinely wanted to apologize to her but his popularity held him back.

---------------

A/N: When did you start reading this story?

Don't attack me for adding Jake!! I hate him too, k?

Why do you think 'momma's girl' triggered her so much?

Leave your thoughts<33

Don't forget to vote!! Thanks!! Ily guys!!!!