Rugby

It was a chill September night. Taylor was sitting on the porch in her pyjamas and her lose tshirt. She held her knees close to her chest, staring blankly at the dark bushes in front of her as the moonlight shined upon her clear skin.

It might've looked like she was sitting free and vacant, but in her mind was getting weaved a giant web the past, insecurities and anxieties.

She was rocking back and forth, her eyes getting tired because of the lack of blinking, the dim porch light on, her slipper blocking the door from getting closed.

It all came back to her, to trouble her, to destroy the minute peace she could've experienced.

'Pineapple, I see your little belly is not as flat as it used to be. You should start working out more and eat less. Am I right?'

'Yeah, maybe you're right. And please don't call me pineapple. You know I'm allergic to it'

'And as a start, I didn't prepare dinner for you today. You would want to stay hot for your boyfriend right?'

'What? But I've starved the whole day'

'You're making me angry Tay, lets go to sleep now'

She sunk in the flashbacks of her own destruction. She didn't cry anymore thinking about it. Her feelings disappeared for him. It wasn't love, it wasn't hate. It was just mere indifference.

She just wanted to ask him if her body was flat and hot enough according to him. But she knew it'll be useless to ask such question because she doesn't and shouldn't care about his opinion anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------

Taylor woke up to the streaks of the sun shining on her face through the space in the curtains. The sunlight brightened the whole room. She squeezed her eyes shut again because she felt as if something put a sword through her head.

"Miss idiot, wake up!!!" She heard Joe shout from a distance when she realized they were gonna go to see and play rugby.

"Com-coming!!!" She tried to speak as loud as she could, hoping he heard it.

She pulled herself out of the bed and slowly and sloppily, she made her way to the bathroom. She stood in front of the mirror and stared at her stomach, then her face, then her boobs, then her hips, then her body overall. She just couldn't stop staring at herself. She couldn't help but wonder why she looked so awful. The shooting pain in her head only made it worse.

A shampoo bottle fell on the bathroom tiles and she came out of her self hypnotising looks. She brushed her teeth and took a shower and wore some nice and sporty clothes even though she was just gonna watch.

"So what do you want for breakfast?" Joe asked her, busy making something.

"Nothing" She replied in a low voice. "And do you have some advil or something?" She sat on the chair.

He looked at her and raised his eyebrow. He interrogated her, "You didn't drink yesterday, did you. I don't think you did, atleast with me"

"I have a headache. And even if I did drink, what happened? Any problem with that?" Taylor fumed and sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Don't be a bish. Don't shout at me" He said and handed her the painkillers which she asked for with a glass of water.

"You ready? Or do you have to put on some more make up?" He asked her sarcastically wearing his shoes.

"Yes I'm ready. Let's go and watch your stupid rugby" She replied, wearing her shoes.

They reached the big park, which was empty. The only people there was some guys and two girls. Joe waved from a far distance with his hand high up in the air.