The moment I knew

Taylor and Selena were hanging out at Abigail's house on a chilly day. They were watching a horror movie while eating potato chips, sitting on the couch. A horror scene came up and Selena and Abigail both screamed their heart out. AHHHHHHH But Taylor didn't. Abigail hit Selena with her elbow to grab her attention. Selena looked at her and then both of them looked at Taylor. Taylor never liked horror movies and should've been the one to scream the loudest. But instead, she didn't utter a word. Her eyes were glued to the television, but her mind was wandering somewhere else. 

Selena patted Taylor on her shoulder and asked, "Heyyyy, Tay.....You there?" 
Taylor flinched by the sudden interruption and then prompted, "Yes, yes guys" 
Abigail paused the movie and sat besides her. She held her face and then looked direct into her eyes. "Taylor, I know something's bothering you. And if it is Joe again, then trust me, we'll rip his heart out for you" She had this threatening look on her face and so did Selena. This made Taylor chuckle. Little did they know, it was because of Joe. 
"Okay, guess I can never hide anything from you guys" Taylor mumbled. As she said this, Selena and Abigail sat straight with all ears to Taylor. 
"Tell me, somebody, a few days ago said that if I go back to being blonde, I'll be even close to m-m-mom................. They said it in a very casual tone, but I just can't get this fucking thought out of my mind since two days"
Selena and Abigail looked at each other and then Selena spoke, "Well.... This makes some sense. I mean see, your dad and Austin, both are brunette. And you and Mrs. Swift were blonde. So I think you will be even closer to her" 
Taylor and Abigail nodded in agreement. The three of them did a group hug . Abigail whispered in Taylor's ears, "You missing her?" 
Taylor mumbled, "A lot" Selena and Abigail hugged her even tighter. They stoked her back, trying to comfort her. They both were also gonna cry seeing Taylor in such a pain and sorrow. They were true friends forever. 

After a few hours.........

Taylor got back with her dad from the supermarket. They indeed had a lot of fun. They had ice cream and burger and also bought some groceries for the house while Austin was at his friend's house. 

They kept the grocery bags on the kitchen slab and Taylor rushed towards her room with a sachet of a dye removing solution she thought she'll never ever use. She put on some plastic gloves and went to the washroom. She opened her hair and made them wet. She took some solution in her hand and applied it on a part of her hair. She looked into the mirror and said, "You're gonna slay it, blondie" She continued to do this until it was applied to all her hair. She let it rest for the written time and then went into the shower. While she was standing under the ice cold water, all she could think of was, 'I am going back to blonde, but will Jake like it? Will dad like it? What if everyone makes fun of me at the school. And that dickhead Joe. He'll say that I just did what he said and I'll go down. He'll win, again' She started to cry in the shower again. 

She came out of the shower and after wearing something comfy, she took her straightening iron and kept in in her box with the other stuff she was not gonna use anytime soon. She went straight to find her dad. She went to his bedroom and found Lauren reading a trashy magazine. She stood leaning at the doorframe and asked her, "Lauren, where's dad?" She said it in a soft tone, for she was too excited to show it to Scott. 
"You look great sweetie" Lauren remarked in a kind tone. 
"Thank you" Taylor replied, happily this time because of her mood.
"Ummm your dad is sitting out in the balcony" Lauren answered, pointing towards the glass doors that lead to the balcony. 
Without saying another word, she rushed to the balcony. 

"Dad" Taylor sang, opening the glass door. 
"Taylor, c'mere" Scott said, sipping his scotch. 
"Dad, look at me!" She exclaimed, standing in front of him and flaunting her curly hair. 
Scott's eyes were mesmerised as he saw her old Taylor back. He never admitted it, but he definitely missed the Taylor who reminded him so much of Andrea. Her eyes, her hair and everything. 
"You look gorgeous, just like your mom" He remarked, his eyes slightly teary. 
"Thanks dad. I'm not gonna go back to being emo again" She confessed and gave him a hug and he kissed her forehead.