The beginning

Things had been weird since the day Joe and Taylor went to play and watch rugby. Taylor had fainted and finally admitted she is anorexic after fainting right in front of Joe. They fought because he cared for her and she kissed him, increasing the sexual tension between them.  

They were sitting together, on the complete opposite ends of the couch, watching the news. It was 2016, and nothing major was really happening around the world. She was using her mobile to avoid him, trying her best to stop thinking about how greatly he kissed, his hands on her body, those blue eyes staring right in hers, making her want to drown in that ocean. 

His fingers were constantly scratching his skull. He was attempting to compel his mind that that steamy kiss meant nothing. Her pulling him right from the collar of his shirt, closing her eyes and giving her all, meant nothing. Completely meaningless. Getting tired of sitting, he checked his watch and got up. He looked down at her while she was totally stealing glances and said, "What should I make for dinner?"  

She finally brought her eyes on him, looking up from her mobile. Clearing her throat, she mumbled, "I'll skip the dinner" 

He bent down, squinting his eyes and asked, "What? I can't hear you" 

"I said I want to skip the dinner," She said, louder this time locking her mobile now. 

"Why?" 

"Gosh. Because I can't eat. I had like," She said and looked up, counting something on her fingers. She looked back at him and continued, "You fed me ten bites of noodles earlier today" 

He shook his head in disappointment and replied, "What? You counted them?" 

"Yes. I did" she affirmatively said. 

"Why the fuck would you do that, Taylor?" He threw his hands in the air, asking her in total surprise. 

"Don't shout at me!!!" She exclaimed, pushing him aside and getting up from the couch. 

"I am not..." He shouted at her, then realising he was shouting, he lowered down his voice, "shouting at you. I'm genuinely worried about you" 

She furrowed her eyebrows, not being able to process it. "But why? You hate me. You really hate me. You always did. Why would you ever care about me?" She asked in disbelief. She simply couldn't digest everything he just said. 

Joe could feel his blood getting warm, reaching up to his face. His hands trembled a bit as he was preparing himself for the words he was gonna speak now. "You're such an idiot. I like you as an idiot. I like your pathetic smile and your repeated eye rolls. I like your chirpy voice which used to irritate me at its best. Your stupid eyes never fail to leave sparks in me. Those bleached hair, which make you look so funny, makes it hard for me to resist myself from playing with them, touching them, combing my fingers through those silky hair" His confession left the complete house silent. No cat noises, the tv muted, only their exasperated breaths audible. He took a step toward her and said softly, "I used to hate you. But things change. And everything that happened earlier today, I'm sorry if you thought kissing me was a mistake. Because I think it was a mistake worth something" 

Taylor couldn't even blink her eyes. She needed time to accept the fact that she was standing in front of someone who hated her, or atleast she thought so. That person just confessed to her how much he liked her and suddenly, all her feelings were blank. She couldn't think of anything. Her mind was like a Bermuda triangle. Every muscle in her body got paralyzed and she got frozen in the moment. 

Just say something. He's waiting for an answer. Just anything. Okay, words... Absolutely any  words would work at this moment. Taylor kept saying it in her mind, as if her voice was lost in a deep and dark place.