Just friends?

Two days later.............

"So, what now?" Taylor yelled with her bag behind her back as they were standing in the school yard.
"I don't know. You tell" Jake said. 
 Taylor sighed and yelled, "YOU AREN'T EVEN TRYING MAN!"
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN?"
"ATLEAST SAY A FUCKING SORRY. YOU STOOD ME UP!!!" She screamed, ignoring the crowd of people staring at them.
"OKAY, I AM SORRY. WILL THAT DO?" He said sarcastically.
"OH, NOW YOU'RE GIVING ME AN INSINCERE APPOLOGY SO YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A BAD GUY?" She said with tears threatening to fall.
"I DON'T KNOW. IT IS YOU WHO DECIDES HOW TO INTERPRET IT. I SAID SORRY, AS YOU WANTED" He tossed his hands in the air.
"THIS IS OVER. OKAY? I AM BREAKING UP WITH YOU. I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE. YOU ARE A TOTAL J-" Jake cut her off.
"Don't say further" He warned her. He continued, "DON'T TELL ME YOU WERE INNOCENT"
She took some steps back and took a deep breath to calm herself down, "What did I do? HOW WAS I NOT INNOCENT? YOU WERE A TOTAL FAKE, OKAY? A TOTAL JERK. JUST FUCK OFF AND NEVER EVER, CARE TO SHOW ME YOUR DISGUSTING FACE" She took out the bracelet that Jake gifted her and threw it right on his face. She turned around and marched inside the school. 

Abigail and Selena were standing there throughout all of that. But they knew that they could do nothing. She needed some time. They wanted to rip Jake's heart out but they controlled themselves. They hated to see her like that. 
"What are you looking at? Just fuck off already" Selena shouted at the students who still stood expecting some more drama to happen and showed them a middle finger. 

"You heard Jake and Taylor broke up?" A girl in the corridor said.
"Damn yeah, the fight was so juicy. I loved it" 
"And the way she slammed the bracelet on his face, loved it" 

Joe heard their conversation and stopped near them. "Wait, what happened? They broke up?" He asked those three girls. 
They looked at him. One of those girl's looked at the ground. She couldn't believe someone popular as him was talking to them.
"Yeah. This morning itself. Taylor was talking about him always standing her up......... How do you not know? You even danced together, right?"  One of them said. 
"I-I-I mean yeah. But because I had to show someone something. You shouldn't care about this. You sure they 'broke up'?" He hesitated. 
"Yeah, positive!" 

Joe went to his locker and saw Taylor's eyes sinking in tears which she totally ignored. She believed tears will make her look weak. She had become the master of hiding her tears from everyone. She knew well how to cage her feelings and cry about them alone, when nobody is there to judge her and her feelings. 

He stopped by her but she slightly pushed him away. She whispered in his ear, "TTYL!" He nodded and moved away. 

'Thank god, this is over. Like she is free now. I hated him anyway. Great that she realized her mistake and dumb choice' He thought to himself. He never admitted it, but of course, he noticed everything she did. Not because he liked her, but because she was his enemy. However, he couldn't be mean to her now. He never realized how sad her life was. He knew it. He was emotionally moving away from his mom. He kinda understood her pain. Even though it could never match to Andrea's death, he could understand her lowkey. He didn't want to be an asshole and become another reason for her to feel hurt. 

-----------------

Joe was heading home after the exhausting swimming practice. He heard his phone ring and it was a notification from Taylor on instagram. An unwanted smile crept on his face, the smile which didn't appear at the time of Rebecca. He stopped on the footpath and opened her dm. 

Taylor: Hey! I was thinking maybe we could meet in the woods at 8 or 9 maybe? If you can ummm sneak out of the house? 

Joe widened his eyes. Sure, they have met multiple times and talked about stuff, but that was because they ran into each other. None of them ever called or invited each other. Are they friends now? Or just mutuals? What are they? They made it clear to each other that they aren't enemies anymore. These were some thoughts which wondered in his mind as he was staring at her message.